Used 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Love my Jeep
By InHisGrip

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I bought this car as a single mom with three teens and have loved it. They were never embarrassed riding in it and I have never had any major work done that either wasn't covered by warranty or was regular wear and tear. My oldest son now owns a 2001 and loves his too. I hope to drive it another 100,000 miles. I replaced my headlights this year and it looks new!

Favorite Features

It's practical. It drives like a car and I can load nearly anything in it. I have moved entire rooms, groceries and kids. The best of both worlds for this practical mom. And it's reliable!

Suggested Improvements

The car sways more than most and is a little rough on a rough road.

Great 2WD SUV. Very Reliable.
By SPETERS

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

Bought this with 12,000 miles on it in 2002 and now I have 186,000 miles. It is the 2wd version so it gets ok gas mileage, but not great. Other than a few minor repairs and maintenance, it has not been in the shop. Fit and finish is good. It has been a VERY reliable car. It is fairly comfortable on long trips and has great storage capacity with the back seats down. I love the way the back seats fold completely flat. Holds two dog crates and tons of luggage. The ride is a bit rough and it takes turns like a heavy truck, but other than that is a pleasure to drive. The engine is a V6 and has plenty of pep and low end torque. I don't tow anything so a V6 was fine for me.

Favorite Features

Back window that opens without opening the entire tailgate, fold flat rear seats, big storage areas, V6 engine, power seats, leather seats, auto dimming rear view mirror, roof rack

Suggested Improvements

Trip computer display doesn't operate smoothly, headlights aren't real bright, smooth out the ride a bit

Don't buy one!
By Danelle

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I have had my Jeep in the shop more then any other car I have owned in 25 years! the transmission was bad, the u joints needed replacing at 35k miles its had at least 3 recalls i have taken it in for. The back brake light works when it feels like it. I notice 9 out of 10 jeeps I see also have brake light problems. Now My drive shaft is out! I am not a crazy driver to work and home and occasional vacation. look up recalls for jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo its incredible how many there are. I like the way the jeep looks but will never buy another one.

Favorite Features

looks

Suggested Improvements

manufacture a decent car

After 4 1/2 years, we traded it in
By violet7

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I enjoyed my Jeep the 4 years we had it. But like another reviewer said, make sure you can afford to maintain the vehicle. I loved driving this car, I always felt safe in it. One problem it seemed with mine was that I always needed new tires. I think I had at least 4 flat tires the years we had it. Not including buying two new sets of tires. The speakers in the top of the dash blew after my husband turned the stereo up way too loud. Finally the radiator and fan blew, then the water pump twice, and the thermostat. (also had to get a new motor for the driver window) Gave up after that.

Favorite Features

10 disc cd changer, fold down seats, jack under the back seat, stereo, controls on steering wheel

Suggested Improvements

Fan and radiator (obviously), cd changer could have been in a better place. More leg room in the backseats.

Fun Vehicle
By Maggie

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I love my Jeep. Has provided style and comfort while driving with few problems. It is versatile and is a great traveling vehicle or running errands.

Favorite Features

Seating comfort and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the transmission.