2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Great SUV
By joey3407 on 09/11/07 09:20 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

The only problem I had with this Jeep was I had 27000 miles on it and the tranny went and I was not under the warranty. But other then that I love it nothing bad except the tranny

Clean
By basem on 04/11/07 22:53 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

It is great car, and fun to drive. It is really strong, and you could rather any other cars with it. The problem that it is going too fast, so you could not feel the actual speed yor are going on, so you think you are going 20 when you are really going 50, so in the curves, you think you will roll over, and that is not something to be ashamed about your Jeep.

2000 Jeep G Ch V8 RWD
By robhl on 11/17/06 21:41 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

Seven years old, 85k miles on, but still runs better than most new SUV's. 0 to 30 - 2.4 s 0 to 60 - 7.3 s. It's affordable, good looking, fast enough, comfortable, very athletic and even with some mechanical problems (but is there a car without problem?) - great Jeep. Maintenance is important. Gas mileage 16 city, 22 hwy. Would buy Jeep again, SRT-8 perhaps.

I don't know why I bought a Heep
By Heep OF.. on 02/17/06 14:24 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

Even though I read several reviews like this, I still convinced myself that buying this car was a good investment. My warning to anyone considering buying this is car is that anything can go wrong with it any day. If you do buy one, get the most service coverage you can, and make sure it goes over 100 K miles, or sell it by then.

In Love with My 3rd Jeep
By Ally on 02/04/06 14:30 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

Started when I bought my 1st Jeep, a '94 Cherokee 2 door manual. I was hooked. The only thing wrong with that car was it did not come with anti-lock brakes. A leased '96 Cherokee 4 door followed, not one complaint. I finally gave in to my true desires & bought a '00 Jeep Laredo with 35,000 miles just off a lease. The car was clean with new tires. Have only changed the oil & rotated the tires every 3,000 miles. The car is comfortable, design is simple, had the dealer install leather. It rides smooth, takes bumps better than most cars & handles like a dream. Nothing like a Jeep off road! Only complaint is gas mileage, I average17.6 miles with average driving. Would recommend rear a/c vent. I would definitely buy this car again!

love my Jeep
By davidsin62 on 08/28/05 20:20 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

The Grand Cherokee had not had a very good rating the previous couple of years. I have only had one minor problem not related to wear -- electronic door lock problems in year 5. Hope every auto I buy holds up this well! Love the ride; much better than my friends' Explorers. Have just really liked everything! Hindsight: Would get the 8 cylinder instead of 6 since gas mileage is almost identical and you can always use the extra power, especially in Atlanta traffic.

I love it
By AMYJW on 02/18/05 10:22 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I bought my 2000 JGC Laredo used last year. Previously, I had owned a 1998 Cherokee, the most basic kind. With the ease of being able to work on the 1998 Cherokee myself, I was a little skeptical of buying something that I may not be able to work on, what with all the do-dads and such. But so far, the only problem I've had with my 2000 JGC has been the brake system. I knew going into the sale that this would need to be fixed. Luckily, the brakes were as easy to change on my 2000 as they were on the 1998. So far, I couldn't have asked for a better used vehicle. I don't know that I'll ever own anything other than a Jeep again. I hope my luck lasts!

Awesome Jeep
By Korbanjax on 12/07/04 21:10 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I have a 2000 with only 48K on it. The nice 4.7L V8 definitely packs a punch. Towing my motorcycle trailer is no problem and at times you wouldnt even know you are towing anything. Sporty design, awesome leather interior for those long drives to bike week. The V8 gets about 16-17 MPG as I don't drive that far to work. This is an awesome Jeep and they just keep on getting better.

Love my jeep - only one problem (so far)
By SonoAndrea on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I leased my 2000 JGC brand-new, then purchased at the end of my lease. I had one problem that took a year and 6 visits to the dealership to fix - presented as a problem with the coolant resevoir and ultimately turned out to be a cracked head gaskets. No problems whatsoever since this was fixed. I drive 90 miles per day, mostly highway, and get about 21mpg. I have thought about trading for something with better efficiency or newer and more reliable, but can't find anything I like as much. Only time I have trouble is when the roads are icy (rear wheel drive), but that's my problem for not going with the 4x4. I love my Jeep and plan to buy another in future.

best suv
By robert2 on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

Own 2000 Jeep GCH laredo 4x2, 4.7L , 59000 ml. had only some small problems (locks,brakes,speed sensor....). When buying used Jeep make sure you've got lot of money for fixing and maintenance and lot of patience with dealer service department,get model with V8 engine (gas milage is almost same like with V6 models - i have average 16.8 mpg and drive mostly around the town )- but on the end this SUV is worth it.