Used 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Never Again...
By Took a bath...

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

We knew we were rolling the dice when we bought this used vehicle based on the reviews. Two weeks after purchasing the vehicle, the a/c started to blow warm air on a road trip. Dealer could not find a problem. Door locks broke soon after. Dealer wanted $370 to fix. Car vibrates above 65 mph. Dealer seems unconcerned about providing solutions to the customer. We have only put 6,500 miles on this car in 10 months. We have traded this car in for a foriegn model. I will never buy another JEEP vehicle again. Build quality is awful and customer service is pathetic!!

We enjoyed the interior and exterior styling. One of the best looking SUV's on the road.

Build quality so we can keep it on the road. All four door locks should not fail at 40,000 miles. Customer service needs to be improved. The dealer seemed content to take our money and send us on our way.

An honest opinion of the 2000 Gr. Cherok
By richp

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

With every Jeep when you 1st get it you probably will have to bring it in at lesat 4x for warranty work in the 1st 6 months. However after that its ok.

I luv the heated seats,moonroof, and highway driving.

The undercarriage should come with HEAVY duty shocks standard and the should get rid of using Goodyear tires-- -they suck. I have had a few jeeps. My latest which is this one I kept and changed the tires and shocks. Big improvement

FENG SHUI
By Is It Bootch?

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I believe it's important to endure in a vehicle that makes you feel 'at home' and suits your taste. If more people truly enjoyed their interiors they would'nt be in such a mad rush to get the #&!! out of it. Instead they would enjoy their ride better and take it easier on the roads.

Leather interior, comfort seating, smooth driving, and overall appearance of the vehicle

No light color interiors, they're sickening to look at... especially the tan color. Only black leather with moon roof ... and recirculating air feature is VERY important

it's a chore just to get in the car
By LK2530

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

i loved my Jeep when I first leased it. Now, four years in, i hate it. The automated door locks malfunctioned 1 month after my warranty was up but the service department said it wouldnt have been covered anyway. So it's $350 to fix it. Plus there is only ONE key entry on the car. So after four years of owning it the remote entry doesn't work so just getting in the thing is a chore. I have had brake problems and need new rotors again. I will never buy a Jeep again and can't wait to get out of this one. Both my dealer and Chrysler have been unconcerned with my complaint.

Take better care of customers by doing recalls on faulty parts, use higher quality parts and PLEASE find a way to get better gas mileage. Plus the fuel filter is buried so you cant easily clean or replace it to get more power.

Piece of #$%@#
By James Yates

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

It is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. In 57000 miles the rear axle has been replaced 3 times, 5 power door locks,the AC, the alarm, the transmission. This is the 1st american made car I have owned in 15 years and It will be the last. The Jeep dealer wont stand behind it at all.

none

Learn how to build a decent quality vehicle