2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Shameful for the price
By MCB on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I paid too much money for this vehicle to be worried about everything breaking. I've had to have an automatic window break and the fuel pump replaced. Now my side view mirror is broken and costs $500 to replace. What's next??!! I'm very irritated that Daimler/Chrysler knows that there are mechanical/design flaws such as with the fuel pump (Bulletin #1400201), and yet they expect the customers to pay for their shoddy workmanship. I really expected a quality,top-of-the- line car when I purchased my Jeep. My Toyota 4-Runner NEVER, EVER gave me any trouble. I will NEVER buy another Jeep!

A very good mid size SUV
By Huskerfan on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I'm generally very happy with this vehicle. We have had it for 3 years and over 50000 miles without any problems other than replacing the brake rotors. Our laredo is loaded with options and is fun and comfortable to drive. The stereo is great. My favorite feature is the quadradrive. This system is awesome how it sends power to the wheels with traction. I have tried and not been able to get it stuck in mud, snow and sand. I thought the V6 had enough power until we started towing a boat now wish I had a V8. It's a tough, go anywhere vehicle that doesn't look like a station wagon or minivan with four wheel drive. (Explorer,trailblazer, M class, MDX)

GREAT
By DOP on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

GREAT OVERALL. HAVE NOT HAD A PROBLEM IN TWO YEARS. ONLY COMPLAINT IS HORSEPOWER, COULD USE MORE.

Lost Confidence
By Alexis on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I owed a Jeep Sport for 6 years and bought a 2000 Grand Cherokee. This model has major rotor problems. 25,000 Rotors ground down, brakes changed 31,000 New Rotors and brakes (I paid 50%) 41,000 Need Rotors and brakes again. (paid by Jeep) Jeep put out a "technical bulletin" so there now is a "repair kit". (I have to pay 50% again) I am not the only person having this problem. Sincerely and frustrated....

STAY AWAY FROM JEEPS!
By Jimmy on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Oh, where to start! I've had this POS for 4 months and have had it to the dealership 6 times! Brake rotors warp, Steering column clicks, sunroof when opened makes a rattling sound, the Jeep pulls to the right, big time! The dealer tells me this is normal and that it's the "crown on the road", WHATEVER! This vehical is the WORST vehical I've ever owned. Not only will I never buy a Jeep, I'll never buy a Chrysler after being dicked around by the dealership so much, they were very painful to deal with!

STAY AWAY FROM JEEPS!
By jimmy on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

More Brake Problems
By ACHAPMAN on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I love my 2000 JGC,But.... I had the front rotors replaced at 18K and was told the replacement part had been redesigned and there would be no more problems. Well, we're at 36K now and guess what? Yep, new rotors and pads again. They made me pay the first time, and I guess I'll have to pay again. Seriously considering whether to dump this vehicle or just keep buying new brakes every 18 months.

Absolute Trash! expt for the speakers
By BUTRBALL on 08/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

This car has been nothing but trouble. Just like evryone else Ive gone back to the dealer 3 times and 2 of those times I had to pay for the repairs myself. Good thing my lease is up in January. Youll see me at the BMW and Acura dealers looking at the MDX and X5. No more american trash for me!

Jeep Laredo '00
By dawgy on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

Good solid vehicle. I really like taking it off road even though it's not 4wd.

Fix them brakes!!!
By ems1507 on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my 4th Jeep Cherokee, and I'm generally happy with the car. However I too have had to do brake work at 20,000 miles, and it is starting to feel like it is going to need it again at 33,000. I will look at the new Ford Explorer next year, my confidence in Jeep is starting to shake.