2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
I Hate This Jeep!
By Brandi on 12/16/08 13:07 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

When I bought this truck, I loved it. Since then it has been one thing after another. It started shaking and I found out that the coil packs had to be changed. That wasn't too bad. But then my heater coils and blower motor had to be replaced. That was quite expensive. I can say that it has never left me on the side of the road. That's a plus, but I will never buy one again.

Good Enough
By Jesse on 12/17/07 20:57 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

I bought this Jeep with 98000 miles on it. At first I was skeptical to say the least. I was wrong. It is slightly under powered but I think that is solved with the v8. I use this Jeep as a work vehicle and my only complaint is that it won't hold all my tools. I am impressed.

Not reliable
By Bobby M on 01/23/06 20:34 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

I bought this Jeep with 39,000 miles on it. I had to replace two speakers in dash, O ring on fuel pump, rear axle seal, door lock motor and driver seat motor. These repairs were done under warranty. It presently has 71,500 miles on it. If you are buying a Jeep please get the extended warranty. I don't recommend buying a Jeep. ItÂ’s not reliable like my 1994 Toyota Camry.

Never Again...
By Took a bath... on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

We knew we were rolling the dice when we bought this used vehicle based on the reviews. Two weeks after purchasing the vehicle, the a/c started to blow warm air on a road trip. Dealer could not find a problem. Door locks broke soon after. Dealer wanted $370 to fix. Car vibrates above 65 mph. Dealer seems unconcerned about providing solutions to the customer. We have only put 6,500 miles on this car in 10 months. We have traded this car in for a foriegn model. I will never buy another JEEP vehicle again. Build quality is awful and customer service is pathetic!!

2000 Grand Cherokee LTD Makes the Grade
By Kidrocxx on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

With its good sound system, and sun roof it is an excellant driving vehicle in both winter driving and summer use, in Nebraska

Good SUV, but ageing fast
By alexRohner on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

The GJC has an extremely nice styling and is still the best looking SUV out there. The engine is powerful and responsive. Gas mileage isn't great, but not excessive compared to other SUVs. Reliability is high (that might be because they assemble the European versions in Austria), I have not experienced one single problem in 3 years. Inside is prctical, nice, though not exciting. Road holding qualities are below par even though one can reach quite high cornering speeds. There is too much body roll! European SUVs (VW, BMW) are at least one generation ahead in this respect.

Still worh it
By McMartin on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

I read all the reviews about the Jeep here before purchasing one...and they're all about reliability, so, I purchased and extra long warranty, covering almost everything, so I feel confident everything will be taken care of should the need arise...besides that, what can I tell you? I love this SUV!!! I love the leather interior, the engine (4.7 V8) is VERY responsive, very smooth, althought it likes to consume a lot of gas...(I'm getting around 14mpg on the city...) all the amenities inside are great! to all of you out there in the doubt: go for it, but purchase extended warranties!!

Very Satisfied
By Proudjeepownr on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

We leased it new. Now we're buying it! We've moved three times and fit lots in the back when the seats are down. Well, now that we're buying it, there'll probably be lots of things that fall apart, because that's how things go sometimes. We'll just buy an extended warranty.

disappointed
By not what i expected on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

Well, I bought a 2000 jeep used in August 02 and my story is no different from the others I've read. First the transmission began to slip, luckly the dealership replaced a sensor and it has been okay since. Then I noticed the roaring in the rear which Jeep said there was nothing wrong with the car. It pulled to the right and a special part had to be order to align the vehicle. Brakes!! Yeah, I'm beginning to understand what that's all about. I've had the car four months, replaced the brakes once and can you guess? They are shaking again. From the other reviews I don't think there is any hope.

Best SUV for the Money
By jeeplover on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

I have just bought my 5th Jeep and believe I will always own one. I love these cars, since I have always felt safe in them. I am a frequent renter of vehicles and of all, Jeep makes me feel like it has the highest rate of reliability and is the safest. I think that there is not likely a more comfortable nor safer SUV on the road.