*** TRICK FOR YOUR electrical problems and cooling system.
By buckeye2014 on
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD
I purchased my 1999 Jeep in 2013 it has only caused me two decent problems. One being the cooling system after replacing the hoses, radiator, thermostat and the thermostat housing unit, temp sensors and relays and the cooling fan I still had problems with overheating, it was then I realized my fan was not kicking on at all with no return on electrical parts I was out of money. The 99 is also the year that they made different types of cooling fans and the assembly to switch out cooling fans from mechanical to electric. Instead of paying hundreds to fix an electric problem I simply went to a junk yard and pulled a mechanical fan from a 98 jeep and swapped mine out. it cost me 40 bucks.
Favorite Features
The power it has
Suggested Improvements
I totally took a detour around the electrical problem since it was the just cooling fan that was faulty and ignored it and replaced it with a mechanical fan that attaches to your water pump guaranteed not to overheat if your overheating due to the cooling fan not working. Some people like to get a toggle switch to rig up to the inside that you manually have to start and stop. which can look tacky having wires running through your steering compound. And if you forget your going to overheat again.