Great Investment!
By cdubya87 on
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD
Purchased this car used in 1999 - had about 127,000 miles on it. I've got 175,000 now and I'm making the first major repair. Replaced the radiator last year, it was cheap and easy - this year it needs a new motor. Outside of that, I'm a storm chaser and have had this poor Jeep at 100+mph on dirt back roads in heavy rains and hail and it is the most amazing vehicle I've ever owned. I also have family through the state and have traveled frequently - great gas mileage, both city and highway and the comfort of this car is amazing. It's flexibility is great too - having added a laptop and some other components for my storm chasing. Just a great great car and I'll buy another and another!
Favorite Features
I don't know where to start on favorite features. The leather interior is nice, but I think the dual front power seats- and the sound system - those are my favorite features. The factory sound is just amazing and it's nice for rolling down the windows on spring drives. Another favorite feature would be the 4WD. Where I live, from tornadoes to snow storms, we get it all -and it's saved my butt too many times to count.
Suggested Improvements
An improvement is hard to come by but if I had to pick, I'd say a better CD player. Maybe it's just mine, I don't know - but if it's too cold outside, until the cabin warms up - it has a hard time playing CDs unless it was playing one the last time it was turned off. It will continue rejecting them displaying "Err" and again, until the cabin is nice and toasty, it won't play a CD to save its life.