Fool Me Once
By Jaded on
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD
I wanted to buy a '97/98. Instead, I fell in love with the '99 styling. I've regretted this for the last 8.5 years. The locks lock/unlock at random, AC fan whines at random, the car shut off while driving at 60mph because the computer didn't recognize the chip in the key, the engine fan relay drained the battery twice, CV boots crack easily, the transmission shifts into 2nd too early, the dashboard and console lights don't always turn on, and the door upholstery cracked. Jeep was only able to fix the chip problem. I'll never buy another Jeep.
Favorite Features
I still love the exterior styling, the interior ergonomics, the digital console, the roominess, the clearance height, and the way it drives. This was truly the first SUV I drove that maneuvered more like a car than an SUV.
Suggested Improvements
Jeep should pay more attention to the electrical system and electronics that drive all of the cool features. Reliability should also be better. Jeep seems to pay a lot of attention to how the car looks but not enough to how it works.