1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Would I buy another Jeep
By tricky on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

This is the second jeep I have leased over the lasy 5 years,would I lease another? No On both my 97 and 99 I have had to replace tires with less then 25000 miles on them.Both have had problems electrically and transmission problems. Both had batteries replaced after two years under warranty. 99 had fuel pump problems,a/c does not get cold enought in the FL sun.

What an SUV should be.... A Jeep
By FastHippyFan on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

From city streets to mountain trails we have had no problems with our '99 Grand Cherokee Laredo. Our family has enjoyed the extra elbow room as well as the reliablility.

awesome!!!
By bk on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

great car

Love JGC, but has Problems
By tomally on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

Overall the vehicle is wonderful to drive. It has great pickup and power. The inifinity sound system is wonderful. The ride is great. However, there are several mechanical problems on my vehicle. Jeep service is not the greatest and it takes numerous trips to get things fixed. I've been to several different dealers, some better than others.

Carrier and axle bearings
By 99 Grand Cherokee on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle used from dealership with 42000 mi, I noticed what appeared to me the tires singing very noisey. The salesman told me it was the tires. I put new tires on, still the noise was there. ICalled the dealership to find out the warranty was gone with the first owner. I took it to my mechanic, to find out the carrier and axle bearings were completely shot! One bearing was even warped. We were riding on a PRAYER with it being a 99 JGC & only 42000 miles with this kind of problem.Chrysler needs to be more responsible for its products they produce at such a high price.

1999 Lemon Jeep
By Erik on 03/18/02 01:03 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Poorly built Jeep. Had to bring to dealer over 12 times in past 3 years for numerous problems or recalls. Major problems with rear differential.

LEMON?
By Mike M on 03/15/02 10:36 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought car used in Oct 2001 at 45000 mis. SInce that time, have had left rear wheel spindle and rotor replaced, rear diff pinion gears replaced, trans valve body replaced, and is in shop now with leak in transfer case, trans band adj, and more brake rotor problems. All this within 5000 miles of driving. I love the style, but can't wait to unload it. Dealer has been great in working with me, but I need a reliable vehicle. Highly recommend ext warranty if you are considering purchase.

Excellent SUV
By kalli on 03/11/02 10:27 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. I live in WI so the 4WD is put to use when needed. I love my jeep its fun to drive and it fits all of my friends. i do wish i would have bought a jeep with a sunroof and the leather heated seats. but in a year or to i plan to buy a newer jeep and at that point i will get all the options. this is a great buy and i plan to have one for the rest of my life. great SUV not to big and definitely not to small.

Grand Cherokee
By robertsteve on 03/09/02 08:41 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Good SUV. Highly recommend it.

jeep'99
By razway on 03/09/02 00:07 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had my Jeep grand cherokee 4wd in the shop 2 times for excessive noise in the rear end. "rough bearings" so i am told. 25k miles and 65K miles.