Used 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

No problems yet
By alexander0048

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

second owner of my 1999 jeep grand cherokee laredo straight six motor has been replaced and runs great 257,000 miles and only minor issues so far love my jeep.

wish i was as lucky as you folks...
By zswindle

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

I've had my 1999 jeep grand cherokee laredo v6 for about three years. so far i've had to put in a new motor new transmission two new batteries and now my driver door won't open from the outside. Here lately i haven't been too happy with the car seeing how it only has 164000. still trying to figure out how to fix the door issue. if anyone has any advice id appreciate it.

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6 cylinder
By Matt

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

Bought the Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4 1/2 years ago, just traded in with 206000 miles. Overall, I was pleased with the Jeep's performance. The inline 6 cylinder, 4.0 liter engine is indestructible. Experienced slipping with the transmission, but such problems are to be expected with high mileage vehicles.

Inline 6 cylinder engine, spacious interior.

Cooling system. Had to replace the radiator twice, the water pump, and fan relay.

Going on 9 years and still kicking
By RAM

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

I brought my Jeep with 111 miles. In the beginning I had some break issues and some repairs where I found out later the dealership was ripping me off. I did a lot of travel with this jeep and I received I thought excellent mileage. I've been able to travel a max of 4.5 hrs on one tank of gas and I like to speed. AC is still kicking, but driver seat needs to be reupholstered. Other than that not a bad deal considering I've been able to keep it this long and its still pretty when cleaned.

looks, interior design

brakes, belt, headlights go bad after 3 years not sure what's up with that. border on Laredo start to fade

Only In A Jeep!
By Amz

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

I have bought my Jeep and love it. So far I put on 155K and not once did i have any mechanical problems. Outside of thermostat, and a drivers side window motor the car has been driving perfect and the only maintenance I preformed so far, was oil changes and breaks. Oh, the serpentine belt was changed too, but only because annoying kids from Jiffy Lube insisted on it. Love my Jeep! My only concern now is the fact hat I have to make up my mind what to get next!

Considering the year of make, some features were non existant but the power everything is one of the best. Seat warmers came to a big help during cold winter months. And I really like the looks on that model.

I see new models already improved and I really have no complaints as to this years design.