1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
All around perfect vehicle!
By 4x4thewin on 04/27/14 01:17 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

After such bad luck and poor choice in vehicle purchases I feel like I finally found a gem! Purchased my 1999 JGC from a relative, me being the 2nd owner and it just rolled over 175k miles. Lucky for me it came from the south, as I live outside of Detroit and our roads and weather eat cars up. I love everything about my Jeep, it rides like a truck, but feels smooth like a luxury car. It's had overall minor replacements done, all routine work. Planning on replacing the motor in the next 6 months, as the rod bearings are just starting to act up. Other than that and some foggy head lamps, its in stellar shape. My next vehicle purchase will definitely be another Jeep!

*** TRICK FOR YOUR electrical problems and cooling system.
By buckeye2014 on 02/28/14 17:55 PM (PST)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my 1999 Jeep in 2013 it has only caused me two decent problems. One being the cooling system after replacing the hoses, radiator, thermostat and the thermostat housing unit, temp sensors and relays and the cooling fan I still had problems with overheating, it was then I realized my fan was not kicking on at all with no return on electrical parts I was out of money. The 99 is also the year that they made different types of cooling fans and the assembly to switch out cooling fans from mechanical to electric. Instead of paying hundreds to fix an electric problem I simply went to a junk yard and pulled a mechanical fan from a 98 jeep and swapped mine out. it cost me 40 bucks.