1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Awesome
By Zac on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

I bought my Black on Black Leather Limited Grand Cherokee from a co- worker who bought it new. It has 108,000 miles on its 4.7 Liter V8. The co-workers husband is a Chrysler Certified Mechanic, so I really found a Diamond in the rough since the 4.7's sometimes have major problems due to lack of oil changes. I love the Jeep. People always complain about the gas mileage, well people its a V8 Suv. Its NOT a Honda or Toyota or Hyundai. And none of those cars have what a Jeep has anyway. I would definitely recommend getting one to anyone who asks, just be warned that its not a hybrid.

Great Vehicle
By cberm on 05/08/06 11:42 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

My Grand Cherokee has been an awesome vehicle for the past 4 years. I purchased it used from a Jeep dealership and have had no problems. I've been very happy with this SUV.

Love My Jeep
By D. Stokes on 08/16/05 21:41 PM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

This SUV rides so comfortably and we always get compliments on it. Very few issues. The computerized metrics/displays are really helpful and advanced.

lemon of a dealer, lemon of a jeep
By atlmberry on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

Plan on heavy expenses for maintenance (nothing was covered under the gold extended jeep warranty). before 45k miles, I replaced the AC system, brakes, battery (twice), various electrical components, power window modules, memory seat module, stereo speakers, stereo controls on steering wheel, etc. Everytime I started the vehicle, the seat would propel me into the dash - jeep couldn't find the problem, not to mention the calls for a tow truck because it wouldn't start - so I got the opportunity to spend lots of time and money in the shop. Lots of road noise with this vehicle. It may look good from the outside, but it's not worth the headaches.

Great Car!
By Cliff R. on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

I have had two jeeps and both of them were great...the first one was a brand new Jeep Grand Wagoneer...it lasted until 2001 when it stopped at 150,000 miles...then I feel in love with the new Jeep Grand Cherokee...it's now at 60,000....

'99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
By pbs8704 on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

Although it looks nice and rides nice, and the engine has been basically dependable, I've had so many "minor" things go wrong with this vehicle that I would NEVER buy another one. Currently less than 41,000 miles. Stereo speakers blew, O-rings replaced, front rotors turned twice and rear rotors turned once (at less than 36,000 miles), leaking windows, misc. electrical failures, three recalls, tailight assemblies replaced, front driver seat assembly replaced ... the list goes on and on.

My 3rd and Worst Jeep
By Chuckles1057 on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

This is my third top-of-the-line Jeep, and owning it has been my first bad experience with Jeep. I have spent about $1500 per year on non-warranty service. The brakes have to be redone at least every six months. Mechanical failures are too many to list. I love the look and feel of Jeeps, but this weekend I am trading it in for anything but a Jeep.

Biggest Mistake I've Ever Made
By Bumblebee on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

This had to be my worst car buying experience ever! Bought brand new and had nothing but trouble from the day I drove it off the lot. In and out of the shop. And don't believe their warranty lies either... read the fine print! The hood was not aligned correctly to begin with. After a couple thousand miles the brakes needed replacing and had to be replaced every 2 to 3 thousand miles. Transmission was a mess too. Resale value was the worst ever. Finally dumped this piece of junk. Don't ever buy a jeep... you'll REGRET IT!!!!!

Unhappy Owner
By Don't Buy IT!!! on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

This was my wife's dream truck until we bought it. We have only had it one year, but in that time, we've replaced brakes & rotors twice, replaced the wheel hub assemblies, Had three dealer recalls, the heated seats nor the power mirrors work, the doors lock & unlock while you're driving down the road and now the truck stop sputters when you take off. My wife and I have almost been in three accidents as a result. The truck also lost $5000 dollars in value in one year. This was a BAD INVESTMENT!!!!

JeepSuck
By Jeepsux on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

The Jeep left me stranded three times in three years. Electrical problems abound. The transmission was clunky and skipped, and the dealer couldn't repair it. The sunroof often failed to close or open; getting stuck in whichever position it was in. The air conditioning system was unable to cool the vehicle in Atlanta Summer weather. Customer Service is virtually non- existent. Don't recommend Jeep.