Used 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

KEEP ROLLING!!!
By Ron T

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

Brought mine at 60,000 from Mancari now at 306,000 miles only replaced water pump ,blend door fix ,radiator and normal replacement items. So far no major engine or transmission work ,just oil changes, muffler system and I think with the oil cooler for trans the reason transmission is smoothly .Body great shape hopefully no major work or will retire it and purchase another jeep ,already have a 2009 limited with 131,000 and also running great now at 318,000 ,only going to now start looking at 2014-2016 grand Cherokee limited ,retiring 99 if any major issues occurs. Body excellent shape but time to move on

Awesome
By Zac

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

I bought my Black on Black Leather Limited Grand Cherokee from a co- worker who bought it new. It has 108,000 miles on its 4.7 Liter V8. The co-workers husband is a Chrysler Certified Mechanic, so I really found a Diamond in the rough since the 4.7's sometimes have major problems due to lack of oil changes. I love the Jeep. People always complain about the gas mileage, well people its a V8 Suv. Its NOT a Honda or Toyota or Hyundai. And none of those cars have what a Jeep has anyway. I would definitely recommend getting one to anyone who asks, just be warned that its not a hybrid.

I love the dual climate, heated leather seats, and the 6-Disc CD. I went from a Jaguar to this Jeep and I truthfully love this more than the Jag.

The only major issue I have with the Jeep is that a lot of things wear out. Fast. Like the leather. But just clean it and it's fine.

Great Vehicle
By cberm

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

My Grand Cherokee has been an awesome vehicle for the past 4 years. I purchased it used from a Jeep dealership and have had no problems. I've been very happy with this SUV.

The leather interior and styling is extremely comfortable. This car has been very reliable which is important when you have children in the car.

That should make a hybrid option on this vehicle in the future.

Love My Jeep
By D. Stokes

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

This SUV rides so comfortably and we always get compliments on it. Very few issues. The computerized metrics/displays are really helpful and advanced.

Great contoured seats and computerized metrics/display features. Also love the timeless body design.

lemon of a dealer, lemon of a jeep
By atlmberry

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

Plan on heavy expenses for maintenance
(nothing was covered under the gold
extended jeep warranty). before 45k
miles, I replaced the AC system,
brakes, battery (twice), various
electrical components, power window
modules, memory seat module, stereo
speakers, stereo controls on steering
wheel, etc. Everytime I started the
vehicle, the seat would propel me into
the dash - jeep couldn't find the
problem, not to mention the calls for
a tow truck because it wouldn't start -
so I got the opportunity to spend
lots of time and money in the shop.
Lots of road noise with this vehicle.
It may look good from the outside, but
it's not worth the headaches.

exterior looks, reasonable gas mileage on the 6 cyl, nice looking interior.

negligible back seat room, VERY POOR reliability in electronics, AC, and mechanical