1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: ok for in city

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Laredo 4dr SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

ok for in city
By Sarah on

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Grand Cherokee when I was in college and thought the world of it. It has gotten me through some big snow storms -- I live in Minnesota, land of the cold and snow. One good thing so far is that I have not had to replace the battery and the Jeep is 7 years old, but I also have a block heater in it. I have been in 2 accidents with the Jeep, one I just nipped a car trying to do a tight parking, good thing -- not a scratch on the jeep; bad thing -- it did a lot of damage to the other car. The second accident was on the highway; busy one at that. The whole front of the Jeep had to be replaced. It was hit from the side too but the side didn't have a scratch on it.

Enjoy the speakers, roominess, comfort, and great 4WD in the winter.

The serpentine belt has been changed twice since I got it. The brake pads and rotors had to be done after 7 years -- not too bad considering I live in a city where the hills are pretty steep. The fuel is my biggest problem; it eats it away -- it's a guzzler.