1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: I love my 5.9

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Review

I love my 5.9
By ptowntsi on

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This has to be one of the best SUV's available used. I would take it over any mid-size SUV or wimpy crossover. Yes it is true many of these need to have their front and rear axles rebuilt around 100k miles, but that is not so bad. For the price of the vehicle it is easy to spend that money to have them done. When they are rebuilt they will last an easy 100k+ or more. It is completely justifiable. These Jeeps have awesome power, and very luxurious interiors. The 5.9 limited has better leather seats than any Jeep, heated seats, heated mirrors, a great AWD system, and timeless classic styling. I recommend this Jeep for anyone looking for a reliable vehicle.

AWD, heated seats, heated mirrors, memory seats, lots and lots of power, a great factory stereo, solid off road performance, excellent on road manners. Good grip on turns, easy to drive, solid steering, feels very safe.

Well gas mileage on any v8 4x4 is not going to be the greatest, but I love the Jeep and would rather drive this with bad mileage than some wimpy Subaru with good gas mileage. The front and rear axles often need rebuilds, (cheap and easy).