1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Review

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By Rblake on

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this as my first SUV in March 2007 with 113k Miles for $3900. Dad always said 4WD was just something else to pay for when it breaks down, but after driving this in WI snow storms, I'm sold!. My Jeep's 4WD is magical and this is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned. The only non-routine maintenance I've encountered is: the rear wiper doesn't work, the rear hatch support struts are beginning to fail in cold temps and I've had to replace the yr old battery shortly after I purchased the vehicle. The towing package pulls my trailer around perfectly. I can't wait to pull the boat & camper this summer. I'm officially a Jeep Guy. My next vehicle will be a '01 or newer Grand Cherokee.

Favorite Features

Selec-Trac 4WD is nice. Comfortable seats, sits high, roomy interior, plenty of cargo space, and love the 5k lb tow rating. I also love the trip computer in the overhead.

Suggested Improvements

Yeah, it's an SUV, but if please find a way to get 24MPG AND 200+HP. Deeper cup holders, these let your drink tip when you turn. Decrease wind noise from rear windows. Audio controls on the wheel. 12V plug in back seat & cargo area.