1998 Laredo 4WD Just Right!
By brianpsu on
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD
I have been driving my Jeep for over 5 years with no major problems at 78,000 miles. As some other reviewers mentioned, my main problem has been that the sway bar needing relaced twice. Definitely a weak spot, but at $100 replacement, not worth a slam. Living in Pennsylvania, I love the go anywhere capability of the Jeep. Put it in Full Time 4WD and I don't have to worry about hitting some dry pavement either. If the going gets really tough, there is always the Part Time 4WD. The best part is that Jeep has not sold-out to the button, I know that my 4WD is locked in.
Favorite Features
1) Go anywhere 4WD, not a wimpy mini-van style SUV. 2) One of the most comfortable vehicles I have been in. 3) "Just Right" size. Big enough to go on a trip, small enough to squeeze through tight spots. 4) Body-side cladding keeps rocks and road debris from scratching the paint.
Suggested Improvements
1) Whats up with the bad sway bars? 2) Spare takes up too much cargo area (moved underneath in new models). 3) Deeper or tighter cup-holders. 4) Removing headrests to folddown rear seats gets to be a pain.