1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews 13

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
1998 Jeep Gr Ch Limited Rocks
By redbeard2k1 on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle is easily the most comfortable I have ever had. For an SUV, it handles like a car, rides like one as well. The power options are plentiful and well placed. The power seats are comfy, and easy to adjust.

MY favorite 2 person car
By jeep man on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a fun car. In town or on the highway it is fun to drive and easy to handle. Off road it performs like a champ. It is big enough to be safe and small enough to behave in tight city traffic. The console display has more warnings and information than you would believe!

Jeep Grand Cherokee
By ancientric on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I have the I-6 4X4 with an automatic transmition. It has been a comfortable road car. On several cross country trips it has averaged 21 MPG. Around the city it has averaged 17 MPG. It has proven to be extremely reliable. The car is very comfortable and has very good handling. The four wheel drive is a major plus in our midwest winters.

Ultimate Jeep: The 5.9
By Jeep King 5.9 on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I searched for over a year for a 5.9 and it was well worth the wait. For the length I have owned it the only thing which went wrong was that I had to replace the ball-bearings. My dad loves my seats more than his Navigator and it is a head turner. A friend said it drove better than his moms lexus. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Chrysler Engineers take notice
By Jeeepie on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Ok this is a fine car to own. It looks like a million bucks on the outside, Has excellent driver ergodynamics, and room to transport anything or pull anything within reason. But somewhere chrysler fell short when it came to maintenance. Come on guys you should not have to drill a hole in the frame of the 5.2L vehicle to unclog the a/c drain. Poor bearing life on front differential case

Not so reliable
By jeep_user on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Gas gauge shows incorrect readings, gear changes are not smooth. Changes in 2WD/4WD takes times.

Great Jeep
By DASH6 on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased this vehicle with 82,000 miles in perfect condition. have driven it almost 20,000 miles no problems or repair. Small gear whine at highway speeds on negative

Love it!
By Des Moines Jeep on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Awesome Jeep! Bought it used off of a lease and have loved it for the 2+ years we've had it thus far. Would buy another Jeep in a second!

worst vehicle owned....
By Mikew_98 on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

In the year and a half I have owned the vehicle, I have spent in excess of $2600 in repairs on it. Drivetrain is great and very reliable. Do not get one with and bells and whistles, it will only frustrate you to have to try and deal with Chrysler to get anything on it fixed =/

Best bang for the buck
By kbohip on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had 2 Grand Cherokee 5.9's. Love them both. There's no better feeling than effortlessly pulling away from everyone at stoplights while at half throttle. My advice to anyone considering a Grand is to get an extended warranty or at the very least change the tranny and diff. fluids at 25,000 miles.