1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Holy Crap!
By GI Joe 44 on 08/28/10 09:38 AM (PDT)

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

I bought this Jeep for my wife before my last tour in Iraq. When I came home there were very few issues, and after some repairs we took it on a trek across country and back. just over 5000 miles. Last night while driving though the mountains, we got hit with a cross wind that shoved me left and ripped the sunroof right out of the vehicle. It was raining and the sunroof was closed tightly. None of the interior windows were open.

Unreliable
By jarmhand on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

We hit lots and lots of problems nearibg 100k. Had to replace alternator, radiator, faulty wiring, brakes and then the big one...transmission. Mechanic said he would go out of business if it wasn't for Chrysler transmissions. Think again if you're looking for a used SUV.

I love my Jeep!
By litgrl on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

I was a little leary of buying a used car, but I have had nothing but great experiences with my Jeep Cherokee. I love the way it handles on the road, the space my family has when traveling, and the extras it has. The only downs I have experienced are not great gas mileage, and it is a little too boxy for me (making it hard to dry when hand- washing it). Other than that, I love this vehicle!

Disappointing Reliability
By hjhartii on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

I bought this gorgeous vehicle at one year old with only 15k miles. It was great at first, but since then I've spent over $2,500 in major repairs including AC compressor, AC accumulator, heater core, and rear engine seal (100,000 miles). Now the catalytic converter is going to cost $750 to replace! This SUV gets lots of miles put on it, but they are gentle miles. I've been disappointed by the repair costs.

So Far, Pretty Good!
By vampyre40 on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

When I first bought this the dealer gave me a 30 day warranty. Good thing. In the first week, the front brakes needed new rotors, and the a/c ran hot and needed a new evap. cylinder. The dealer fixed everything. 2 months later, The check engine light came on and I replaced the speed sensor. A week after that, the drivers side electric window motor burned out. I replaced that and it wasnt easy! I have now had the car for a little over a year and have had no further problems. Hopefully it stays that way. Although I have grown attached to my JEEP, I wouldn't buy another.

JEEP
By JoshUSMC on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

LOVE MY SUV!!! THE BEST I HAVE EVER OWNED!!! JUST LOVE IT.