Own one and youll understand...
By JeepinKansas on
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee TSi 4dr SUV 4WD
I bought this vehicle from a Jeep dealer at 90K miles in 2001,It now has 100K and Ive mostly LOVED it.I have the Q-Trac/V8 Setup and my trans vibes a bit when shifting to 3rd,the rear end is also very NOISY(growls).80% of Grand's experience the rear diff bearing problem.Mine was even replaced in 98.That aside,I fixed a $90 IAC and now my Catalyst and Steering Dampener need replaced.Not bad for 100,250 miles. Biggest complaint? Interior Quality.These vehicles arent cheap and dealing with such a spotty interior is rediculous.Was going for a 99 or 00 but they have SEVERE problems,perhaps a 98 5.9 Limited will fit the bill,or ill wait for the 02s to come down.
Favorite Features
Good ride,Excellent V8 performance(5.2 or5.9),Unquestionable Looks and supreme offroad prowess.Infinity Sound System This SUV will reward you despite various build problems most american vehicles suffer.
Suggested Improvements
Chrysler get your a$$ in gear with driveline issues! Fuel economy(what do you expect?),Cheesy interior quality(My rear door panel broke,Infinity speaks pop and rattle).