1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Not to bad!!

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Not to bad!!
By Pineman on

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this Jeep used with 128,000 miles. This one has the Inline 6. I have only put a couple hundred miles on it but it seems to run great. I cant believe how good the body is holding up. No exterior rust yet. The only issue i have with it is the transmission has a very slight leak. When I park I see one or two drops of tranny fluid on the ground. After a tranny flush and new seal, no more leak. In the past I have never been a Chrysler fan and still am not. But this vehicle so far is my exception. I like it and I could NOT pass up the deal I got on it. So far, no major complaints. Overall satisfied. I know several people that got 300,000 miles on the inline 6. Hope I do also.

4X4, sharp looking vehicle. Very easy to do your own maintenance. Handles well. Anytime 4X4. Power windows, door, mirrors. Body seems to hold up well.

Better gas mileage. One thing I dont like is that this vehicle seems to have more engine noise than other vehicles. I hear from others this vehicle is hard on brakes. Well we will see. Interior kind of cheap.