1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Nice

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Nice
By Ken on

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I got mine in 99 with about 60k on it. Mine is equipped with the 5.9 and the quadradrive, full time 4 wheel drive. this thing is your foul weather friend and nearly unstoppable. It just rolled 290,000 last weekend and with regular maintenance there is another 200k left in it. I still have the factory water pump factory fuel pump and original transfer case. Change your fluids my friends. It has never let me down and really never broke except for the A/C in 04 but who cares. I go off road and play in the mud so I beat this old thing. I tow with it including one 250 mile trip with a 8000 pound trailer way way over the weight limit and aside from poor breaking no heat issues. well worth it.

Old iron V8. well thought out design. Solid axle in front. CV boots in nuckles, low maint.

Bigger brakes. Much bigger brakes. Aftermarket aluminum radiator. Synthetic fluids. Change that transfer case once a year.
By emiratesf1
on 12/07/10 18:12 PM (PST)

Have had to replace the ball joints yet? Also I was wondering if I needed to actually replace the 02 sensors that just went bad in the exhaust system. I think that they will only give me an extra one or two MPG more.