Good thing I got a warranty!
By jon f. on
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee TSi 4dr SUV 4WD
I thought I was getting the perfect used car: less than 70,000 miles and a 3,000 mile powertrain warranty. Turns out I've needed to use the warranty three times already - once to replace the PCM, another to replace a bad steering gear, and now to replace bearings in the front differential - all withing the first month! I'm scared of what will come down the road. It's too bad - I love the truck and it's very good at what it does. It looks great in silver, the leather interior is fantastic and it gets 22-23 mpg at 65mph. Off-road nothing can touch it for the money! If you want one, research the maintenance history and make sure the TSB's were done!
Favorite Features
Looks great, very comfortable for 4 adults and gear, decent highway mpg, Quadra-Trac 4WD is amazingly capable. After you drive it, you just feel good.
Suggested Improvements
6 cylinder is torquey, but don't ask too much of it. Center console buzzes and squeaks, poor city mpg (13-14) compared to highway. You have to pay attention to these Jeeps, or they will get angry and break! I guess it really is a Jeep thing - most people wouldn't understand ... it's a labor of love.