1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 97 Grand Cherokee

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

97 Grand Cherokee
By sfxd on

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my third Jeep Grand Cherokee. I have had very positive experiences with all three. This 97 I purchased used from a returning lease. It originally had 22,000. I now have 77000 and have had no major problems. There was one issue with the air conditioning unit last year that was, if you could believe it, still under warranty. Obviously Jeep acknowledged this without a recall and provided a brand new unit with installation at no charge, (If you were under 70,000 miles)

Favorite Features

I have a simple 6 cylinder with leather interior. The interior is finished rather well and has also held up. The power from the 6 is sufficient for my needs. My other car is an 8 cylinder Durango and there is a significant difference in power (also in gas consumption)

Suggested Improvements

The rear end is a bit noisy. Overall, the passenger compartment is somewhat noisy. Particularly if I have the back seat down. I have regular all season tires so it's not simply the tread.