1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews 7

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
97 jeep grand cherokee ltd
By harley575 on 11/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Too many mechanical issues. Water pump, rear axle, front drive shaft. brakes, rotors. The caliper froze and ruined the pads and rotor. Wind noise when the moon roof is open too objectionable. Even though the car has a V-8 it is underpowered. Kills your back on speed humps in parking lots.

Fill save in snow or mud
By Adam P on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Best vehicle for New England climat. If you have boat trailer to tow it culd be good choice for this. I had almost no problems with this vehicle until now when some parts called for replacement(radiator and starter)

First Time Except for 1967Kaiser preSUV
By HEADON on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

The Jeep Grand C Ltd is a great vechile to drive The comments I receive about my particular taste in a SUV was a good insentive as the truck suits me Fits me like a glove.What can I say The best of the best

My Jeep
By Joe Rhodes on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had a Great experiance with this truck and currently have a total of 170,000 mile with few problems.

after 180,000 mi
By stott on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

still runs well...i do change oil 2500- 3000miles...i get about 15-1/2miles gal..i will buy another...5.2V8

Jeeps are awesome!!!
By Dave Bellan on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

Jeeps are so awesome, they are they best SUV around in my opinion. Everyone should look into purchasing some sort of Jeep in they're life to test it out and feel the enjoyment.

Buyer Beware
By ichabod98 on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Very "cool" vehicle as far as looks go. However, not "cool" when it comes to a functioning A/C. I first had a $400 compressor clutch repair then 6 months later a $750 evaporator coil repair. At 86,000 miles the transmission began to slip, there was a strange knocking noise from the rear end and the driver's side window motor began going out.

Love the good and the bad
By zjfreak on 09/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it with 44k miles...had trans rebuilt at 49k..no problems since even with blown cooler lines...fixed lines and refilled fluid...good as before...now has 138k miles..repairs tend to add up...spent 2k in 2 month period..oil pan..cv joints..diff maintenance..love my jeep but it IS high maintenance

Quality SUV
By Good Buy on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

Had it new since '97, and I have few complaints. Motor does seem slightly tired, but that's understandable. Belts squeak a bit, and tranny slips a bit at times, but only momentarily. Bottom line: a well-conceived and designed SUV that lived up to its billing as the best SUV value out there at the time of purchase. I've driven it daily since purchase, and towed a small boat at least a couple hundred times without any major mechanical issues.

junky old jeep
By JDEOFF_2000 on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Great vehicle until about 100,000 miles. After thatlittle things start to add up to kind of a junk pile.