1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
reliable
By Perian Dunmire on 08/01/09 05:37 AM (PDT)

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I bought it from a private owner. It has approximately 130,000 miles. Drives well. It does not have very good mpg. As it is a v8. I have put brakes on it and new a. C. I feel it is a reliable vehicle, but with the unsure gas prices, it is scary.

sell,sell,sell
By lemon on 02/05/09 22:44 PM (PST)

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

Bought last year @148,000 mi. It's a play vehicle and gets about 5000 mi. A year. Have spent money on it from day one. Staring off just trying to make everything perfect. Then I started getting a rear bear nosie. Replaced all rear end bearings. The Carrier bearing was the only one pitted. That didn't fix the the problem. Right rear axle was pitted changed it. That fixed the bearing noise. Then I got a vibration @1600 rpm and on deceleration. Changed u-joints (a waste of $). From what I've read sounds like this is a Major problem that is very hard to trouble shoot (even at a dealer. Don't want to spend any more $ on it. I'm torn between spending and just selling it. I love to drive it but the vibration.

1997 ltd w/v8
By mkenn363 on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

just a very nice car. VERY COMFORTABLE!!!! sits up tall, goes through anything.V-8 is nice. Great interior, like a plane cockpit....

Jeep grand cherokee limited 5.2
By DNorem on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I've had this Jeep for 3 1/2yrs and had no problems. I have it serviced regularly and change oil religiously. I've had other Jeeps and definately recommend the 5.2L engine. It seems smoother, has more get up and go and pulls a trailer much better.

Jeep Cherokee Review
By jeeplover on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I have owned this vehicle for two years and have never experienced any problems. I maintain the vehicle, and have always had excellent service, it is dependable and used for work and farm use.

Jeep Cherokee Review
By JeepLover on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)