1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: The original suv

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Review

The original suv
By jerrymax on

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 1996 Grand Cherokee Laredo from my neighbor last December after thinking for a while that I needed an SUV. I've got no complaints. I frequently visit my daughter in upstate New York and traversing her 175 ft driveway with 9 inches of snow on it was a breeze in the Jeep. Cruises very smoothly at 60 mph but feels like it's being pushed too hard at 70. Made for traction, no speed. Jeep has unique qualities, like unibody construction and solid axles, not found in other SUVs. And its the original 4x4, the workhorse vehicle born out of necessity in World War II for the military, the grand-daddy of all SUVs. I'll always have a Jeep from now on, as well as a sedan for summer driving.

Distinctive styling...you know a Jeep when you see one. Great off-road vehicle, great in snow, handles any kind of weather conditions with ease. Nice high stance for great visibility. Lots of room inside. Inline-6 engine has adequate power, decent gas mileage.

None, in fact I like my 1996 model better than some of the new ones. Ride is kind of bumpy at times but that's to be expected in this kind of vehicle.