My poor Jeep
By Great SUV! on
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV
Bought my beloved Jeep GC with 107k miles. The good far outweighed the bad. 24+ mpg highway with the inline 6 and auto transmission. Would haul anything I put in it (1200lbs of Pavers) or towed behind it. Water poured in by the passenger A pillar while raining, brake rotors warped easily, power locks worked most of the time. It never left me stranded even though I used the heck out of it with little maintenance. As it was "dying" something would fail ONLY at the end of a long trip **after arrival**. A trans fluid line to the oil cooler blew off at 192k miles and the trans was toast, but it still drove me safely to a parking lot and out of traffic. My poor Jeep was good to me.
Favorite Features
Very efficient for an SUV, small size compared to huge monsters on the road today. I called it the "mini-me SUV". Could stretch out in the back with the seats down on a long trip and saved hundreds avoiding hotels.
Suggested Improvements
I didn't find any one thing particularly lacking, and I drove it a LOT without babying it and minimal maintenance.