1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - It's a Jeep Thing!

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

It's a Jeep Thing!
By Burkey on

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Jeep off a lease with 39k back in 99 for $17,000 and its been an awesome vehicle. I do a lot of bowhunting and take it off road and have never once had a problem getting stuck...it'll go through quicksand! It has been a very reliable vehicle and have never had a major problem with it. At around 90k the electrical system starting getting funky...the radio took a lot of button pushing to get it from FM to AM and now the headlights mysteriously blink on and off sometimes in AUTO mode. Probably a short. I do love this vehicle. It has 103K now and I'm buying another one for the wife. Very safe for the family and the dog can go in the back too. Jeeps are where it's at!

Favorite Features

Steering wheel sound control. Infinity sound system is top of the line. All time 4 wheel drive. Sharp looks with limited package...white with gold trim.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage at 14-16 mpg should be improved for a 6 cylinder guys! Move that spare tire out of the cargo area and put it underneath.