1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Excellent Value

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Review

Excellent Value
By GupDawg on

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

My Forest Green over Tan Cloth Laredo is a very sharp color combo. It is a 4x2(but it will go off-road) and an Inline-6. The six, while super- durable, is a bit underpowered for this heavy of a Jeep, but it can do the job. It now has 130k miles and still runs strong. I replaced the spark plugs, wires, oxygen sensor, and distributor cap and rotor myself and saved $200. But $900 for new radiator, hoses and belts from the dealer! Now it needs new brakes and the e-brake is worn completely out. But this is normal stuff for 130k, and when properly maintained, will last 200000+ miles.

Good stock front Infinity speakers, cheap Jeep to buy used. Laredo does not have the stuff that breaks on the Limited, and doesn't have the bling- bling gold package. I love my rare Tan interior and Green exterior. Chicks love my Jeep!

The stock headlights are terrible: they yellow over time and do not put out much light. There are aftermarket replacements. My door panels are peeling, the hatch supports are shot, the tailights sometimes stick on ( a bad $25 switch). Just change all fluids periodically.