1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Perfect
By krstd3 on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I have not had my Jeep very long but I just love it. The drive is great no matter if it is a long trip or short trip.. I wanted something that my family would be safe in and I found it..I will have a Jeep from now on.

One of the better Jeeps
By joe b on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the third GC I have owned. Used it off road and put lots of highway miles on it. Just traded it on a new wrangler. This CG came with a transmission problem that took the third dealership to correct. By this time the vehicle was out of warranty and Jeep refused to pay for fix. Cost me over $600. Overall trouble free, for a Jeep.

great
By jack black on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

amazing vehicle

!996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
By Jeep Driver on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

This was a good car. We trimmed out a Grand Cherokee Laredo like a Limited at much less cost and got an excellent car with wood trim, power seats and leather. We experienced no major mechanical problems in 6 years.

Better than the Last One
By laurelmt on 03/15/02 17:14 PM (PST)

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the second Grand Cherokee Larado we have owned. The last one was a totaly different car. This one has been a perfect gem. Even after all these miles, it has been very low maintanence. The only major problem was the computer went out with no warning. Only cost $600 to fix. Great cars but be careful what you buy..there are a bunch out there with problems.

Best of all
By Speedracer on 03/03/02 23:24 PM (PST)

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I've driven my Jeep from one end of the US to the other and city traffic in the meantime. It's got over 150k and still going strong with only minor repairs.

Happy Grand Cherokee Owner
By george morris on 03/02/02 22:33 PM (PST)

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my Grand Cherokee new in October 1995. Although mileage is a low 66,000, it has been a very reliable vehicle. The Grand Cherokee performs just as well today as the day I purchased it. Jeep Quadratrack and stength of V8 engine proved to be a very good combination both on road and off. Thumbs up to Jeep!

What more can you ask for
By Big Frank on 03/02/02 16:03 PM (PST)

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Most dependable and sturdy vehicle I have owned in years. Actually like it better then my Lincoln.