Pushing 230,000 Miles
By eprince on
1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV
I bought this car from my grandmother with 160,000 miles. I've since done more than a few minor repairs (radiator, alternator, idler pulleys, etc.), but nothing I couldn't either do myself or a family friend couldn't do for cheap. The belt tensioner pulley is messed up, causing strain on the alternator, so I have had to replace it a few times, but it is under lifetime warranty with free replacements and I do the work myself. Now, it has 231,800 miles and counting, original block and transmission running stronger than ever. If you can live with doing relatively minor repairs, doing proper maintenance, and don't drive like a bat out of hell, this is one of the best vehicles made.
Favorite Features
Inline 6 Cylinder engine (near impossible to break) Padded leather seats Chrysler OBD 1 check engine sensor (easy to read. Turn the ignition on, off, on, off, on and wait for the check engine light to start blinking. All codes are 2 digits, code 55 means end of series/no more codes)
By crazyfarmer
on 03/19/11 15:37 PM (PDT)

Same as above except I do drive like a bat outta hades,love always,260,000mi. MOPAR4EVER.