1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Typical Domestic
By thebobbiejeep on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought our Jeep w/88,000 miles on it. After owning several foreign 4x4's I was astonished at how well it was holding up and it has been a great vehicle till it hit that 130,000 mile mark and, just like all domestic vehicles it began to literally fall apart. $$$$$$! So much for comparing it to my toyota's that went nearly 300,000 miles w/no problems.

Grand Cherokee = Crap!
By WRXej20 on 09/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

Only had problems with it

Don't believe everything you read!
By Dirtydawg84 on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this truck a couple weeks ago. Color is Driftwood/Pearl. 5.2 v8. Automatic O/D Quadra Trac, Up Country Suspension Group, Infinity Gold Sound, All the bells and whistles etc... Very powerful low end torque, Quick! Smokes all other MPV's they can't keep up. Went to the rock quarry where I work and climbed our bulldozer trail with it! As good as my '72 Scout 2 on the climb with all the gadgets! Kids love it, Girlfriend loves it! 18 mpg city/ 24 hwy! 91000 miles, clean. One thing though is that other "SUV" (i hate that term) drivers seem jealous and tend to try and push a guy around! Go figure! Not my fault they have an Explorer or what not!

JEEPS RULE
By Jeep8511 on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

great all around SUV

Highly recommend NOT buying the Jeep
By KS~Driver on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Trouble, trouble, trouble!!! This vehicle was very poorly built. We've had nothing but trouble from the a/c, transmission and brakes. Though it was never left us stranded it has costed dearly to fix numerous times. The Jeep handles well in winter conditions only when in 4-wheel driver.

One of the Best
By kitou on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this truck in 1999 with 45000 miles on it, the only problems I had not counting regular maintenance were a defective crankshaft positioning sensor, a/c gave up at 80000 miles, temp unit not calibrated and a bit of rust but for the most part, thids vehicule as been very reliable, never let me down, did the jeep jamboree this year and went on a level 5 course and believe me i was impressed !!!. stock truck just 30" tires.... I would recommend this jeep to anyone except for the fuel comsumption.... but hey!!, cannot have it all. Jeep Fan.

Good Solid SUV
By campnut on 08/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I have only had two problems so far with my Jeep. The multi-function switch for the headlights, and the lens for the foglights came off. No problems with air conditioning this summer. Love the handling and the comfort of this vehicle. Don't know the history of it, but it has 110,000 miles on it and doesn't show signs of any tranny problems. It is much more easy to drive than an Explorer, but if the suspected problems show up like everyone says, I may wind up buying something else. Great family car, tows like a dream, good gas mileage for a V8, room for kids and stuff, adults are comfy in the back seat. I really like it.

1995 Grand Cheerokee Laredo
By Johannes Montgomery on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

Transmission needed work 62000 miles Needed front brakes 62000 miles Fuel economy's not the best.Larger fuel tank costs more to fill.Bought used .

Expensive to own, fun to drive
By pphilipp on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a fun and powerful car. Had it for 6 years, and the main reason I wouldn't by a Jeep again is that it has had lots of problems over the years, and their service really sucks. everytime I take it for service, it's at least 400-500 bucks. The transmission had to be re-built after 60k miles at $2.000. Airconditioning broken several times, and $400 to fix. I would much rather get one of the newer SUV's, such as the Highlander or the new Honda Pilot. Be careful if considering a Jeep, you are getting a fun, but not reliable car, and set some money aside for repairs.

Good vehicle, a few problems.
By Steve Peck on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought mine for a price that couldn't be refused. Paint seems to be excellent by American car standards or anyone else's. Wasn't garaged for the past six years, but it looks like new for the most part. Exhaust manifold and bumpers were cracked, but replacement wasn't costly or difficult. (Bought replacements online.) Excellent stereo speakers. (factory high-end option) A minor oil leak that I can live with. Hood release wouldn't. All minor stuff. Anybody who complains about the cost associated with the GC's typical problems (radiator, manifold, AC evaporator, transfer case) never owned a Mercedes.