Used 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Boring
By Whatever

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Mine has 120,000 miles on it so it's probably time to dump it. I've had all the problems listed by other owners, but they seem to be in line with most cars of this age. I have found my cloth seats to be very uncomfortable. The gas mileage is very weak. The radio is weak. The pitching and yawing is weak. The drive quality goes down from there if you go faster that 80 mph (which is probably a good thing -- like a speed governor). The car is boring at all times except when you stomp on the V8 at a green light.

Low-end torque from the V8 is awe inspiring. This is the only reason I've kept the car as long as I have. It tows well.

The car is 10+ years and two body styles old so its probably a bit late to suggest improvements.

Like a good old friend
By Car_Crazy

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my v8 5.2 liter engine Grand Cherokee in '03 with 116,000 miles on it and I have had it for two years now with 127k miles. The performance, comfort, and looks are just excellent. However, the fuel economy is extremely poor. Driving in the hot summer days with A/C on I get around 12 mpg. As for reliability, I haven't had any major problems so far. Just one time the A/C broke down but my friend is a mechanic and fixed it at no charge.

Power, exterior design and comfort. Driving uphill in the mountains. I live in Colorado and drive up and down the Rockies.

Fuel economy is extremely poor. 20 mpg would be nice.

95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
By M.L.Miller

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased vehicle from relative who loved it. The Jeep has great pickup when you need to merge with traffic. It's fun to drive and the interior is luxurious. The electronic climate control keeps the cabin perfectly comfortable and the Infinity stereo system is great. I like the look of this Jeep over the newer more rounded styles. The only modification I have made is installing hand controls to drive it because I am in a wheelchair. I recommend this as a used vehicle for anyone.

'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd 4WD SUV
By Wallace

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This has been a fantastic vehicle for us. No major problems in the almost 8 years we owned it. Only one minor transmission leak along the way and we were told that, at 183,000 miles, it had many, many miles left. Can't rave enough about this rig.

Most of the comforts of a luxury vehicle and fun to drive.

They were made to be run into the ground
By NP

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Jeep two years ago with 174k miles on it (yep, you read that right). In those two years, i've done routine maintance, and replaced the driver side wheel bearings (about a grand at a Jeep delear). NOTHING else ever went wrong with it, but i suspect the other owner's might have repaired the brunt of it. I'm just now starting to have issues- but the Jeep is about to hit 200K! Beware, they were made to last, and made to be run into the ground, but when they get old - their repairs are NOT cheap! My problem is viscous coupler - OUCH - and sway bars. Will be sad to see her go, but can't sink money into her.

Best seating ever! Computer that tells you EVERYTHING. Rides nice, even ten years later, handles good for ten year old vehicle. Got decent gas mileage (about 17-20 mpg highway, 15-17 city) for age. If you take care of it, it takes care of you.

When the problems do occur- they are EXPENSIVE. Other problems were hopefully corrected in newer Jeeps- as i plan to buy a newer Jeep.

• SUV