1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews 7

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
It's a Jeep
By CuervoOro

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I don't know what to say about this truck but it's a Jeep. They didn't just invent a series of vehicles, they inspired the industry. I bought mine with only 56000 miles just a month ago, and it's been nothing but great since then.

Favorite Features

Power Seats, Thermostatically controlled air.

Don't buy one
By JEEPJUNK

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

118,000 miles and I'm on my second transmission and it now needs to be rebulit. I have the full time 4X4 and it's a gas hog. 16 mpg on the highway. I've heard from other's with Grand Cherokees and they also have put transmissions in within the 100,000 mile range. 99% of my driving is highway and no offroading so you can't blame the driver for a crappy trans. Stay away from Jeep. Buy foreign. It may cost more up front but will last longer.

Favorite Features

Infinity sound system

Suggested Improvements

Junk the whole line and start with an all new line

wow no too shabby
By roselli

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

i just bought this vehicle used withh 127,000 miles on it and it was in good hands before i got it.i love it all around and so far it has been good to me.i had to repalace a few items on it thatwere minor like tail light and front left fog light.

Favorite Features

power,handle,stereo,interior,100% love it all....

My Jeep
By BEBishop

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

I bought this Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L 2wd with 74000 miles, it ran great. after 20000 miles all i have replaced was the water pump, brake pads and tune-up parts. the Jeep still runs like the day i bought it. I have never owned a more reliable vehicle. I am a Mopar fan more now than ever. If I ever buy another vehicle it would have to be a Jeep! I'm Hooked

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, the 4.0L has a suprising amount of power. I always have enough space for the family(including the dog) and room for all our luggage.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would change is the placement of the spare tire. I think they can find a better spot i.e. under the car or on the liftgate?

a very reliable vehicle
By c.g. garcia

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my jeep used with about 40k miles and it now has 95k miles on it and it still runs great. only problems ive had were with catalyc conv. and AC other than that this is a very reliable suv. 4wd handles great and regular upkeep should keep it running in good condition for many years to come. interior is roomy and comfortable. overall a good vehicle.

Favorite Features

comfort and reliability

Suggested Improvements

improve the AC system, it still cools but it doesnt come out with as much power as it should.

Rough Idle
By cdavis993

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

Original owner, now 122,000 miles as of Jan 03. Solid car, good gas mileage and no significant mtce problems (yet). However, very rough engine (4.7L) idle (approx 550 rpms)and mechanics can not fix it.

Favorite Features

Suprisingly held up good. Good milegage and smooth, quiet Highway ride. Good engine power for a six.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger seat bottoms as they are too short. Independent front wheel suspension as solid front axle gives side-to-side snap on uneven pavement. Rough engine idle drives me crazy

Don't Buy It!
By agingdad

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

We bought ours last year with 80000 miles on it and have regretted it ever since. I've been thinking that whoever owned it first must have been really hard on it, but these reviews tell me it's just a shoddy product. You can't even change out the taillight without special tools to take apart the entire assembly. We've worked on electrical problems galore, water pump, power steering, door locks, mirrors, wipers, etc.

Jeep Lover
By Jeep Lover

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Nothing but a pleasure to drive, All of you who did not like it must have gotten lemons. No mechanical or other problems

Favorite Features

Power of the v8 engine

Suggested Improvements

none

The perfect 4x4!
By Chris Hull

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This truck rocks! I have owned it for 6 years and never had any problems. Performance is outstanding with the v8 and the full time Quadra-Trak is by far the best on the market. Owned a Range Rover during this same period and it was the most unreliable POS compared to the Jeep (not to mention costing much more)

Favorite Features

V8 performance- Reliability

Suggested Improvements

None

ITS BEEN GOOD
By Jeep282

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I got my jeep grand cherokee with 114,000 miles. ITs been a great car. Ive had it for several months and ive had little problems. I had to replace the exhuast manefold cuase it cracked, but ive been reading up its a thing that happnes on jeeps so that was about 600 to fix. and it doesnt bother me because i got such a good deal on the jeep. Even at 115,000 miles now its a great truck to drive. 4 wheel drive is the greatest. THe stereo sucks though, so i replaced it.

Favorite Features

4 wheel drive Comfort easy to replace stereo

Suggested Improvements

gas milege