Used 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Jeep Grand-cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
By plarsen111

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

It is a love/hate experience. I love to look at and drive my JGC. I hate to fix it. It will roll over 200k miles next week, and has the same problems as everybody else. So do I recommend you buy an older JGC? If you drive few miles (me - 6000k per year), love to love a car, can pick one up cheap ($3000), and have AAA ... then go for it. Otherwise, buy a Toyota. With the exception of the new 4Runner, they don't drive as well, but knowing you can take a long trip without worrying about it breaking down is an enjoyable experience too. My wife's Subaru fits that bill. Also, I have a Toyota van with 325k miles as a back up. I trust it way more than the Jeep. But I LOVE to drive my JGC!

Favorite Features

Seats, fun to drive, actually collision safe (side impact bar), it takes off, looks great for a 10 year old, wife enjoys the passenger seat, iPod holder sticks well to broken, flashing-error computer screen, new stereo looks and fits well when replacing broken stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability hurts, and it truly is sad. Wow, would they have made a legend of a car if they would just take one look at Toyota and said, "Let's build a Jeep with Toyota reliability." My next car will be the new Toyota 4Runner, which finally has caught up with Jeep performance. 2015 baby!

Power plus, and go in the snow.
By oneshot56

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle is well equipped for the price. It has a nice look and is a nice blend of car and truck.

Favorite Features

I really enjoy the power offered by the 5.0 V8 engine. This vehicle with this engine has power to spare.

Suggested Improvements

The rear tailgate lifts up from the bottom. Metal tailgate and window are one piece. The bottom of the tailgate is easily iced up and makes it unable to open in cold weather. This isn't good for a winter vehicle.

Only in a Jeep
By luke

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

Bought mine private party back in 2002 with 99,600 miles on it. I just hit 136k. With the exception of things I consider basic maintenance (fluid changes, new tires, new shocks), I've had next to nothing go wrong with my Jeep. It's fun to drive in bad weather, and has yet to let me down. For a 10 year old Jeep, she does what is expected, gets me where I need to go no matter what the weather. As for fuel economy, it's an SUV that is 10+ years old, I accept that.

Favorite Features

Power heated mirrors and the 4x4 system she came with.

Suggested Improvements

She's 10+ years old. I'm sure anything I would suggest was handled already.

It's mostly been good!
By Cindy

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had the Jeep for 4 years and replaced the radiator and fixed the venting. The lenses on the fog lights pop off very easily. Next time you're out and about, look to see how many Jeeps are missing at least one lens. The most frustrating problem has been that the security light keeps coming on and sometimes prevents me from starting the vehicle and we can't seem to get it fixed. All in all it has been a great vehicle for us and the only one that could make it out of our neighborhood during the last big snowstorm, without even having to go into Low. I'm now trying to sell it but having a hard time because of the low MPG and high gas prices.

Favorite Features

I LOVE the puff leather seats! Everyone loves riding in my Jeep!

Suggested Improvements

A little more leg room in the back.

yeah
By go_leafs_go

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

This thing has been a problem from day 1. Seems like every week something needs to be replaced. I had to put in a new engine at 88K and now it won't shift into overdrive and no one has any answers as to why. I've put almost 15 grand into fixing this thing, I'm ready to push it off a cliff!

Favorite Features

Size.

Suggested Improvements

EVERYTHING, DON'T BUY ONE ... EVER