1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
It's a Jeep
By CuervoOro on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

I don't know what to say about this truck but it's a Jeep. They didn't just invent a series of vehicles, they inspired the industry. I bought mine with only 56000 miles just a month ago, and it's been nothing but great since then.

Don't buy one
By JEEPJUNK on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

118,000 miles and I'm on my second transmission and it now needs to be rebulit. I have the full time 4X4 and it's a gas hog. 16 mpg on the highway. I've heard from other's with Grand Cherokees and they also have put transmissions in within the 100,000 mile range. 99% of my driving is highway and no offroading so you can't blame the driver for a crappy trans. Stay away from Jeep. Buy foreign. It may cost more up front but will last longer.

wow no too shabby
By roselli on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

i just bought this vehicle used withh 127,000 miles on it and it was in good hands before i got it.i love it all around and so far it has been good to me.i had to repalace a few items on it thatwere minor like tail light and front left fog light.

My Jeep
By BEBishop on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I bought this Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L 2wd with 74000 miles, it ran great. after 20000 miles all i have replaced was the water pump, brake pads and tune-up parts. the Jeep still runs like the day i bought it. I have never owned a more reliable vehicle. I am a Mopar fan more now than ever. If I ever buy another vehicle it would have to be a Jeep! I'm Hooked

a very reliable vehicle
By c.g. garcia on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my jeep used with about 40k miles and it now has 95k miles on it and it still runs great. only problems ive had were with catalyc conv. and AC other than that this is a very reliable suv. 4wd handles great and regular upkeep should keep it running in good condition for many years to come. interior is roomy and comfortable. overall a good vehicle.

Rough Idle
By cdavis993 on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

Original owner, now 122,000 miles as of Jan 03. Solid car, good gas mileage and no significant mtce problems (yet). However, very rough engine (4.7L) idle (approx 550 rpms)and mechanics can not fix it.

Don't Buy It!
By agingdad on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

We bought ours last year with 80000 miles on it and have regretted it ever since. I've been thinking that whoever owned it first must have been really hard on it, but these reviews tell me it's just a shoddy product. You can't even change out the taillight without special tools to take apart the entire assembly. We've worked on electrical problems galore, water pump, power steering, door locks, mirrors, wipers, etc.

Jeep Lover
By Jeep Lover on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Nothing but a pleasure to drive, All of you who did not like it must have gotten lemons. No mechanical or other problems

The perfect 4x4!
By Chris Hull on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This truck rocks! I have owned it for 6 years and never had any problems. Performance is outstanding with the v8 and the full time Quadra-Trak is by far the best on the market. Owned a Range Rover during this same period and it was the most unreliable POS compared to the Jeep (not to mention costing much more)

ITS BEEN GOOD
By Jeep282 on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I got my jeep grand cherokee with 114,000 miles. ITs been a great car. Ive had it for several months and ive had little problems. I had to replace the exhuast manefold cuase it cracked, but ive been reading up its a thing that happnes on jeeps so that was about 600 to fix. and it doesnt bother me because i got such a good deal on the jeep. Even at 115,000 miles now its a great truck to drive. 4 wheel drive is the greatest. THe stereo sucks though, so i replaced it.