Used 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

A Forever Friend
By marcy hudson

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I am actually sad as I move towards replacing my first Jeep (Grand Cherokee) after our 12 years together! I purchased this vehicle for a move to Northern Minnesota and it has proved to be a fabulous investment. It has performed wonderfully on my many trips and adventures, on-road and off, and is as beloved to my friends and child as it is to me. It saved my life when I spun off an icy highway and landed on a mound of snow unscathed. My Jeep braved a record cold winter (dipping to 60 degrees below zero) without missing a beat and has never failed to get me to my destination. In the past, I was in and out of the shop with a fussy luxury import. Now, I am a "Jeep" girl!

Favorite Features

As quirky as this sounds, the Jeep has what I think are the best cupholders in the business! Believe me, when you are on the road as much as I am, this is an essential feature!

Suggested Improvements

Extra cupholders, especially in the side and rear! Might also be nice to add a bit more storage up front to hold items for the driver.

Jeeps are the greatest vehicles on earth
By geer

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I think the Grand Cherokee is great. I can do maintenance on it easy. I don't do all that off roading type stuff. But I did put a hitch and a roof rack on my Jeep. I also drove it across the country many times. The spare tire is a real tire with the same rim. The only draw back from this ride is that the miles per gallon is a little low. But what do you expect from a SUV. To be able to change it for trips as far as seating and loading items is also a plus. Buy Jeep always!

Favorite Features

Heated mirrors, rear mirror turns bright lights green from drivers behind me, powered everything, cpu that tells me average mpg, eco mpg, miles till fill up, temp, and trip miles and time driving. I also like the durability and ruggedness of it. It is a unisex vehicle that me or my wife look good in!

Suggested Improvements

Increase mpg ratio. CD/tape player that plays mp3s, ac power, spare fog light lenses, extra Jeep logs for Jeep fans, tweeters in the back seat and a subwoofer to go with that Infiniti that came with my beautiful Jeep. Those window covers so you can crack your window and rain will not get on you.

95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0
By Joe

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased used with 60K+. Mileage now is 106k. It seemed after the 100k. it was one thing after another. However most was minor. The one major problem that I had was violent shaking and bouncing and the worst part was when I took it in, the problem could not be replicated. Finally a local mechanic put an off road steering dampener on! Problem solved. Before this the dealership replaced; stock steering dampener, front shocks and a motor mount. So if your having that shimmy SHAKE SHAKE... off road steering dampener.

Favorite Features

The memories.

Suggested Improvements

I feel the off road steering dampener is addressing the symptoms of weaker causes. What are they and how can they be fixed.

Great winter and long trip car
By Jeepers

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

Loved my Jeep Grand Cherokee. Took comfortable long trips in it. Mileage really increased on the highway.

Favorite Features

Sitting up high. Not too hard for people to get into. Easy access to kids.

Suggested Improvements

Extra wheel in trunk area a waste of space.

Proven workhorse
By Long Tall Texan

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Had this car for 11 years, 160,000 miles. Rebuilt the transmission at 90,000 and made a few non-critical repairs (electric windows, back hatch) over the years, but, to my surprise, it's still running strong. I certainly do NOT regret buying it. It has withstood California commuter traffic, Wyoming fishing trails and Texas heat with a minimum of trouble. Mileage is bad (14-16 mpg), cornering is ridiculous, steering requires constant adjustment, but it has been reliable beyond my reasonable expectations. For an American car this old, it done good.

Favorite Features

Keeps on going.

Suggested Improvements

Not relevant.