1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
So far so good.
By icecat0000 on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought from Used Dealer at 79k in 1999, New England vehicle, now has 172K- Replaced Alternator, Ball Joints, CatConverter, Radiator, and the typical cracked exhaust manifold(actually, had the old one welded and braced better than original design). Overall this pig has been pretty good to me - It will be replaced by a 1999-2002 shortly....

Nine years and going strong
By Clarke on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Overall, a reliable SUV with no surprises. The car design still looks great after nine years and has held up well. Some rattles around the dashboard and a recent one inside the passenger door - that can all be silenced if I get the time. The body looks great.

ALL AROUND GREAT
By blackmax on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

Despite Consumer Reports calling this AN unreliable car, this is the BEST vehicle I have ever owned, incl. Porsche, BMW,Mercedes. The only problems I had were a waterpump that blew after a dealer "powerflushed" the system (their fault), and a noisy differential AFTER the dealer replaced a $5 seal and screwed up the repair. Otherwise, this has been as reliable as a stone. W/ 127,000 miles, I've had NO other problems throughout the vehicle. Also, AVERAGES 20.4 MPG w/combined city an freeway driving!!!!! Original tires went 95,000 miles and I've never had an alignment!

No Troubles here!
By Dan Bartlett on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this Jeep last year. Has everything. Paint is great. Engine has 107000 miles now Transfer case is gear driven so it has the typical whine to it. I pull a 2500 lb boat with is and a family of 5 goes as well to the lake...This jeep has no trouble doing its job. You will however pay for the power with fuel economy. 15.9 avg over the last 17000 miles. This includes trips to Vegas from Ca during the summer daytime. Climbs well The Jeep only requires oil changes, tire rotation, and 8 or so grease fittings every 5000 miles or so. As I said no problems mechanically or electrically except for the radio!

falling apart at 100k
By gbw on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

leased for 2 years, then forced to buy when it died 1 day before lease ended. was fuel system cost 1k to fix. now at 100k have repaired in last year alone; a/c, 2 oil leaks, 3 pullies on engine, distributor, starter, still have mysterious screaching noise from engine that techs at dealer can't figure out, rear wiper assembly, motorized antenna, tough to keep alligned despite new tires, doors pop when closing. bumper cover

Money Pit on Wheels
By Craig7 on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought used w/83K miles on Oct '01. Now has 117K and getting more expensive by the day. I've racked up over $3000 in maintenance costs just in the last five months. Transfer case work, rebuilt transmission, broken motor mounts, wheel bearings, power steering pump, various steering component replacements, etc. AC has leaks. Except for the transmission and transfer case, I did all the repairs. Would have cost much more. Still needs front end work for an unknown popping sound.

Jeep Grand C LTD
By Matt Steichmann on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it with 80K on it. Like the ride, but prblms with a/c, radio, sunroof. Not very quiet. Solid, fun to drive. Comfortable and roomy & I'm 6'4" 200#. Daughter drove from Chicago to Boston and Chicago to Orlando in it and was very happy. I'd buy another. 16- 18mph around town. 20 hwy.

Going for 300K miles!
By James Rosenburg on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought a Limited V8 new and have racked up over 245K miles on it trouble free (besides regular maintaince) I have only replaced the radiator, new hoses and belts and numerous sets of tires. I use this truck for business sales and its the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned! Just bought a new Grand Cherokee and gave this one to my daughter for college!

Love this Limited!
By dbphotographer on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Pretty good overall. Runs smooth and has only less than 80,000 on the clock.

Solid
By Zimmer on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

My wife and I bought our JGC in 98 with 56k and although we don't drive it a lot, we both like it and now have 87k on it. I like the aggressive Jeep ride, it starts very well in winter, smooth transmission and a person can pull utility trailers easily also. I have only replaced the rear brakes, tires all around and added a little a/c refrigerant.