1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Good Overall SUV
By Oh Shane on 02/18/05 16:28 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this JGC V-8 with 110,000 on it, and have had pretty good luck. Motor is strong and with a class 4 hitch, pulls my ~6000 lb boat/trailer with no problems! Uni-Body construction doesn't look too happy when I hitch on the boat, but the motor/trans doesn't complain. 4WD system has given me no problems either and is very capable, IT IS A JEEP. Only minor problems so far.

'95 Grand Cherokee Ltd with problems
By B. Stansell on 01/11/05 23:37 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought the vehicle used in 1996 with 30,000 miles. Loved the way it looked and the way the seats felt. I now have 118,000 miles. Very fun to drive but has reliability problems. It never left me stranded but has been a pain in the neck none the less. Here is the list of problems I've had over the past 8 years: Transmission rebuilt twice (35k & 95k), A/C problems twice, rear wiper unit failed, left front boot, both fog lamp lens fell off, power antenna broke, radio failed, leak in radiator, power steering pump, mounting bracket for the alternator broke, passenger side mirror mount broke. Had many poor experiences at the dealer repairs centers...too many to list.

for the love of jeeps
By violent jenn on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Is the best 4 wheel drive vehicle in the world.

Saved my life
By roamerIwas on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

This is more of a tribute than a review. Just rolled my Jeep twice at 55-60 mph with nothing more than some glass cuts on my hands and whip lash. I am very impressed with the construction of the passenger area, all door posts were still vertical and the roof caved up away from me. I must say goodbye to a vehicle that I put over 70k miles on after the original owners put the first 100k on. It was mainly a highway driver that plowed thru the snow with ease. I would have liked to have had the V-8 but the 6 got me around just fine. I had about 20-21 mpg with a K&N air filter till my last fill up. I spent about 1k in maintenance other than fluid changes

Poor Reliability
By DisappointedinOregon on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

We were very happy when we bought the car. It was 3 years old and had only 43,000 miles. It now has 90,000 miles and sitting in our driveway because we don't want to spend the money to fix the myriad of problems with it. We have had the air conditioner fixed multiple times and it isn't working again. The front end is shot, it has a cracked manifold and has a leaking head gasket. It would cost more to fix than its "blue book" value. There's just too much wrong for a car with only 90,000 miles on it.

Only if I knew
By jcraig316 on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I had the Jeep inspected by a dealer before buying. They said it was the cleanist '95 they have seen in a long time and it would be a good buy. Sence then I have been avg $2000 a year in repairs (a/c, water pump, motor mounts, rear wiper motor, av boots, antenna moter, idol speed ?, radiator, unknown cluck periodicly from under right side of hood, I had 3 leaks start at the same time over night, ect.)

Jeeps forever
By ds22 on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I have a 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. It is the best car I have ever had. It has great pickup, its comfortable, and it still looks brand new.

I want it to last forever.
By mathteacher on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I have replaced tires, belts, fluids regularly. The only non-routine expenses have been replacing the air-conditioner and the boot... A very inexpensive vehicle for us.

BROKE
By Mr. NO on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought in Dec 01 with 73K. Limited all bell's and whistles. Car looks great as if rolled off dealership, cause very well taken cared off. Fun to drive and go for a ride, however the maintenance cost will also take u for a ride. I now have 117K and get nervous, cause I have already experienced some of the problems other users have posted. I had to rebuilt transmission, broken motor mounts, and now a cracked exhaust manifold. Spent over $3000!!! on this car, like throwing money in to a black hole. If you have money to burn, buy this car for fun. Definitely not a reliable car. Get a Toyota.

10 year owner
By m.maroney on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought it brand new and drove it extensively off road in the mountains of Colorado for the first 5 years, and have since driven it on the freeways of Southern California for another 5 years. It has 130k miles, still looks stylish, and runs like a top with little extra yearly maintenance.