1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
By plarsen111 on 11/23/05 23:57 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

It is a love/hate experience. I love to look at and drive my JGC. I hate to fix it. It will roll over 200k miles next week, and has the same problems as everybody else. So do I recommend you buy an older JGC? If you drive few miles (me - 6000k per year), love to love a car, can pick one up cheap ($3000), and have AAA ... then go for it. Otherwise, buy a Toyota. With the exception of the new 4Runner, they don't drive as well, but knowing you can take a long trip without worrying about it breaking down is an enjoyable experience too. My wife's Subaru fits that bill. Also, I have a Toyota van with 325k miles as a back up. I trust it way more than the Jeep. But I LOVE to drive my JGC!

Power plus, and go in the snow.
By oneshot56 on 11/11/05 19:30 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle is well equipped for the price. It has a nice look and is a nice blend of car and truck.

Only in a Jeep
By luke on 09/20/05 14:35 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

Bought mine private party back in 2002 with 99,600 miles on it. I just hit 136k. With the exception of things I consider basic maintenance (fluid changes, new tires, new shocks), I've had next to nothing go wrong with my Jeep. It's fun to drive in bad weather, and has yet to let me down. For a 10 year old Jeep, she does what is expected, gets me where I need to go no matter what the weather. As for fuel economy, it's an SUV that is 10+ years old, I accept that.

It's mostly been good!
By Cindy on 09/06/05 08:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had the Jeep for 4 years and replaced the radiator and fixed the venting. The lenses on the fog lights pop off very easily. Next time you're out and about, look to see how many Jeeps are missing at least one lens. The most frustrating problem has been that the security light keeps coming on and sometimes prevents me from starting the vehicle and we can't seem to get it fixed. All in all it has been a great vehicle for us and the only one that could make it out of our neighborhood during the last big snowstorm, without even having to go into Low. I'm now trying to sell it but having a hard time because of the low MPG and high gas prices.

yeah
By go_leafs_go on 08/31/05 12:38 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

This thing has been a problem from day 1. Seems like every week something needs to be replaced. I had to put in a new engine at 88K and now it won't shift into overdrive and no one has any answers as to why. I've put almost 15 grand into fixing this thing, I'm ready to push it off a cliff!

Boring
By Whatever on 07/29/05 18:17 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Mine has 120,000 miles on it so it's probably time to dump it. I've had all the problems listed by other owners, but they seem to be in line with most cars of this age. I have found my cloth seats to be very uncomfortable. The gas mileage is very weak. The radio is weak. The pitching and yawing is weak. The drive quality goes down from there if you go faster that 80 mph (which is probably a good thing -- like a speed governor). The car is boring at all times except when you stomp on the V8 at a green light.

Like a good old friend
By Car_Crazy on 07/15/05 03:24 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my v8 5.2 liter engine Grand Cherokee in '03 with 116,000 miles on it and I have had it for two years now with 127k miles. The performance, comfort, and looks are just excellent. However, the fuel economy is extremely poor. Driving in the hot summer days with A/C on I get around 12 mpg. As for reliability, I haven't had any major problems so far. Just one time the A/C broke down but my friend is a mechanic and fixed it at no charge.

95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
By M.L.Miller on 04/13/05 11:26 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased vehicle from relative who loved it. The Jeep has great pickup when you need to merge with traffic. It's fun to drive and the interior is luxurious. The electronic climate control keeps the cabin perfectly comfortable and the Infinity stereo system is great. I like the look of this Jeep over the newer more rounded styles. The only modification I have made is installing hand controls to drive it because I am in a wheelchair. I recommend this as a used vehicle for anyone.

'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd 4WD SUV
By Wallace on 03/06/05 18:11 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This has been a fantastic vehicle for us. No major problems in the almost 8 years we owned it. Only one minor transmission leak along the way and we were told that, at 183,000 miles, it had many, many miles left. Can't rave enough about this rig.

They were made to be run into the ground
By NP on 03/05/05 02:09 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Jeep two years ago with 174k miles on it (yep, you read that right). In those two years, i've done routine maintance, and replaced the driver side wheel bearings (about a grand at a Jeep delear). NOTHING else ever went wrong with it, but i suspect the other owner's might have repaired the brunt of it. I'm just now starting to have issues- but the Jeep is about to hit 200K! Beware, they were made to last, and made to be run into the ground, but when they get old - their repairs are NOT cheap! My problem is viscous coupler - OUCH - and sway bars. Will be sad to see her go, but can't sink money into her.