1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Just turned 15 yrs old and 200,000 miles!
By Beelzebubba on 05/05/10 04:37 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

My parents bought it new in December 1994 and it just passed the 200k mark! It has been far more reliable than anything else we've ever owned. My mom drove it for nine years, then my dad for the next four years after that. They gave it to me over two years ago to use a second vehicle. Still runs and drives like a champ!

Feeling its Age
By Amanda on 03/16/10 09:29 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Orvis 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Jeep Grand Cherokee about a year and a half ago and it has been nothing but problems. About every two to three months, something will go wrong with it. (Something different every time.) I almost have a new car by now.

the best auto i ever owed
By matthew on 01/09/10 22:37 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I've modified my rig a little removed the cat, bumper cover (clearance issue) k&n air, 20 mpg+. It has never left me stranded even after water pump goes distributor went for the last 6 mo. The fuel pump is on its last leg. But in -20 weather it still starts after some labored cranking it pops off every time and I only got it stuck once, 4 mile hike, chain, back on the road! Completely stock it has gone everywhere I've wanted it to go (except deep mud holes) without question, hesitation or procrastination. It is a machine women can handle also, but I'm so glad my wife hates it, more for me, for all I care me and my truck will take our business elsewhere. And that's why its the best auto 'ive ever owned.

Great vehicle
By Sean on 12/23/09 12:27 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this ZJ at 106,000 miles. It had a hole in the radiator, the brakes and rotors were shot, and the engine compartment was completely orange from radiator no-leak crap. It made it all the way from Detroit to Toledo strictly on US24 on an 8th of a tank. I've even driven into a tree while doing some intense offroading and its still going strong. Just keep up on the maintanence and your GC will last forever!

My Jeep
By Matthew on 10/27/09 20:24 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I have been very happy with my Jeep... 4 sets of tiers..Just did the brakes the 3 time...3 belts...1 water pump...& a new Manafold...Oil & Gas that it...Hit Wood!! Needs Tranny work & a new Muffler

The best SUVs ever built.
By don humes on 05/15/09 09:22 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Ive had since new . now has 225,000 miles nothing replaced but radiator and faded roof rack. 4.0 liter drives and runs like when new.

A very reliable Jeep!
By twelveboy on 04/06/09 22:08 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

We bought our Jeep Grand Cherokee, V6 2WD, when it had 70K miles and drove it to 205000 miles! We barely gave it regular maintenance and the only things we replaced were the AC blower(about $900) and part of the exhaust ($500). Overall very suburb reliability! We even got about 25mpg on the highway on road trips at about 75-80mph. Would definitely buy one again if I knew gas prices would not go back up!

love my jgc limited
By jim kelso wa on 03/14/09 22:00 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this Jeep over a year ago and it has lived up to its name. It has been a very reliable vehicle and gets around 15 to 18 mpg ( depending on my foot) it has had some minor problems but its 14 yrs. Old. Had to replace the drivers door, but its been a very good rig for me. I love it and plan to keep it for a long time.

1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport V6
By Mike on 02/19/09 17:20 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SE 4dr SUV

I bought my Cherokee Sport only in 2009. It has been very reliable, and is a daily driver. I enjoy the V6, and get an est 18-21 mil pr gall. This jeep has been well maintained which is a huge plus. The stereo is upgraded to a pioneer cd player (nice), and off road tire package makes it look very sporty! Besides that everything is factory. I have driven it for a few weeks now and it has done well. Hasn't used any oil, and has 129,000 miles! I use it to deliver pizzas 4 days a week, and it's great on gas for an SUV. I plan on keeping it for a long time.

Love this Jeep
By redvannie on 12/29/08 08:16 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Orvis 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought this Jeep from my husband's employer after he had driven it for about 6 years. He loved it and only missed 1 day of work in all those years (because of ice) because of the weather and we live 45 minutes away. I've been driving it ever since and I love it. It's so fun. The paint looks like new still (when it's clean--we live on a gravel road). I know it's going to go on the snow, and stop too. It has 283000 miles on it and did have the transmission rebuilt at 225000. I like the computer. A drunk driver hit it yesterday so I'm not sure whether we'll fix it back up--it's not worth too much to anyone else at this point, especially the insurance company.