Used 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Pushing 230,000 Miles
By eprince

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I bought this car from my grandmother with 160,000 miles. I've since done more than a few minor repairs (radiator, alternator, idler pulleys, etc.), but nothing I couldn't either do myself or a family friend couldn't do for cheap. The belt tensioner pulley is messed up, causing strain on the alternator, so I have had to replace it a few times, but it is under lifetime warranty with free replacements and I do the work myself. Now, it has 231,800 miles and counting, original block and transmission running stronger than ever. If you can live with doing relatively minor repairs, doing proper maintenance, and don't drive like a bat out of hell, this is one of the best vehicles made.

Inline 6 Cylinder engine (near impossible to break) Padded leather seats Chrysler OBD 1 check engine sensor (easy to read. Turn the ignition on, off, on, off, on and wait for the check engine light to start blinking. All codes are 2 digits, code 55 means end of series/no more codes)

Poor Reliability
By DisappointedinOregon

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

We were very happy when we bought the car. It was 3 years old and had only 43,000 miles. It now has 90,000 miles and sitting in our driveway because we don't want to spend the money to fix the myriad of problems with it. We have had the air conditioner fixed multiple times and it isn't working again. The front end is shot, it has a cracked manifold and has a leaking head gasket. It would cost more to fix than its "blue book" value. There's just too much wrong for a car with only 90,000 miles on it.

Comfortable front seats, style and that's about all.

It's a Jeep
By CuervoOro

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I don't know what to say about this truck but it's a Jeep. They didn't just invent a series of vehicles, they inspired the industry. I bought mine with only 56000 miles just a month ago, and it's been nothing but great since then.

Power Seats, Thermostatically controlled air.

Don't Buy It!
By agingdad

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

We bought ours last year with 80000 miles on it and have regretted it ever since. I've been thinking that whoever owned it first must have been really hard on it, but these reviews tell me it's just a shoddy product. You can't even change out the taillight without special tools to take apart the entire assembly. We've worked on electrical problems galore, water pump, power steering, door locks, mirrors, wipers, etc.

1995 used jeep
By Jeeper

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

This has been a good vehicle for me. Lots of fun. Great for towing our 17 foot boat. Comfortable on our 15 hour fishing trip drives to Canada. Great sound system. Love the all-wheel drive in wet/snowy weather. Only major problem over the years has been a lot of headaches with the air conditioning -- it is a problem every year.

Great sound system. Love the all wheel drive.

Fix the air conditioning already! It has cost us hundreds. Most of our minor gripes (like the placement of the spare) was fixed with the 1999 new model body style.