Used 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo SUV Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Bulletproof I6
By Jacob

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

This vehicle was given to me with 280k miles on the odometer. Even now, it is unstoppable. With only two wheel drive I've never gotten stuck, despite my best efforts. My Jeep has seen a lot of trails--and a lot of things that are not quite trails--and has pushed through all of them like a champ. The straight 6 gives not only impressive torque for a 4 liter, but an incredibly smooth drive, and has yet to fail to get me over any mound of dirt and rock I've thrown at it. I've owned it for six months and have had to replace both idler pulleys. When the second idler pulley quit, it chewed up the mounting bracket pretty good. Picked up a replacement bracket for ten bucks at a scrap yard, spent thirteen on a pulley at AutoZone, and did the repairs myself. Most expensive maintenance to date. There's a problem with the clutch (automatic), but manually starting in first circumvents such transmission problems. To hear it told, I wouldn't bother rebuilding the transmission- If it quits, you replace it. I'll happily drop the $1500 when that happens. When I fold down rear seats (quickly and easily), I can lay down and stretch out completely in the back. I never imagined I would be an SUV owner, but I _love_ this Jeep. For a point of reference, my dream car is a Chevy Spark. In that vein, gas mileage leaves a lot to be desired. Even still, I wouldn't trade it for a Prius (my BIG dream car). Okay, I'd trade it for a new-ish Prius C. Any takers?

Great Vehicle
By Diablo47

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

Bought Jeep 5 years ago with 161,154 miles. Now has 247,896. Still runs great and looks great. Very little maintenance. Second set of tires after 64,000 miles. I'll run it for another 100,000 probably

better than 20 miles to a gal.

wiring in drivers door needs improvement.

I have Loved my 95 ZJ since the test drv
By cgk13

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

I bought my 95 zj in 2007 and I have never regretted it. I have had to replace the starter, water pump and alternator as well as front brakes and regular tune ups but that is to be expected. The inline six is amazing!! She is about to hit 200k and is still going strong. I live in Iowa so when winter comes other drivers cringe but I say bring it on. No matter what nature or myself throw at my jeep she takes it without missing a beat and keeps going. Including a deer and my tire coming off on the highway. I have never owned a better vehicle. I want to drive my jeep until the wheels fall off and then I will put them back on and keep going! I love my Jeep!

everything

This jeep has everything I need. I really couldn't ask for more except maybe more storage space up front for the driver. I did have to fix the back hatch and some wiring for the power windows.

Just turned 15 yrs old and 200,000 miles!
By Beelzebubba

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

My parents bought it new in December 1994 and it just passed the 200k mark! It has been far more reliable than anything else we've ever owned. My mom drove it for nine years, then my dad for the next four years after that. They gave it to me over two years ago to use a second vehicle. Still runs and drives like a champ!

4.0 L Inline-6- rock solid, plenty of power for the 2WD version Reliability - the engine/transmission have never had any major repairs and it doesn't use any oil Looks- the design has aged very well in my eyes

Automatic transmission- if you've ever heard the term "slushbox", it applies here, rushes into top gear and hates to kick down Squeaks, rattles and overall interior quality- it had squeaks and rattles before it was even six months old, and they only get worse.

the best auto i ever owed
By matthew

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

I've modified my rig a little removed the cat, bumper cover (clearance issue) k&n air, 20 mpg+. It has never left me stranded even after water pump goes distributor went for the last 6 mo. The fuel pump is on its last leg. But in -20 weather it still starts after some labored cranking it pops off every time and I only got it stuck once, 4 mile hike, chain, back on the road! Completely stock it has gone everywhere I've wanted it to go (except deep mud holes) without question, hesitation or procrastination. It is a machine women can handle also, but I'm so glad my wife hates it, more for me, for all I care me and my truck will take our business elsewhere. And that's why its the best auto 'ive ever owned.