1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Great Vehicle
By Diablo47 on 06/30/10 18:34 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

Bought Jeep 5 years ago with 161,154 miles. Now has 247,896. Still runs great and looks great. Very little maintenance. Second set of tires after 64,000 miles. I'll run it for another 100,000 probably

I have Loved my 95 ZJ since the test drv
By cgk13 on 06/30/10 11:38 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

I bought my 95 zj in 2007 and I have never regretted it. I have had to replace the starter, water pump and alternator as well as front brakes and regular tune ups but that is to be expected. The inline six is amazing!! She is about to hit 200k and is still going strong. I live in Iowa so when winter comes other drivers cringe but I say bring it on. No matter what nature or myself throw at my jeep she takes it without missing a beat and keeps going. Including a deer and my tire coming off on the highway. I have never owned a better vehicle. I want to drive my jeep until the wheels fall off and then I will put them back on and keep going! I love my Jeep!

Just turned 15 yrs old and 200,000 miles!
By Beelzebubba on 05/05/10 04:37 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

My parents bought it new in December 1994 and it just passed the 200k mark! It has been far more reliable than anything else we've ever owned. My mom drove it for nine years, then my dad for the next four years after that. They gave it to me over two years ago to use a second vehicle. Still runs and drives like a champ!

the best auto i ever owed
By matthew on 01/09/10 22:37 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

I've modified my rig a little removed the cat, bumper cover (clearance issue) k&n air, 20 mpg+. It has never left me stranded even after water pump goes distributor went for the last 6 mo. The fuel pump is on its last leg. But in -20 weather it still starts after some labored cranking it pops off every time and I only got it stuck once, 4 mile hike, chain, back on the road! Completely stock it has gone everywhere I've wanted it to go (except deep mud holes) without question, hesitation or procrastination. It is a machine women can handle also, but I'm so glad my wife hates it, more for me, for all I care me and my truck will take our business elsewhere. And that's why its the best auto 'ive ever owned.

A very reliable Jeep!
By twelveboy on 04/06/09 22:08 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

We bought our Jeep Grand Cherokee, V6 2WD, when it had 70K miles and drove it to 205000 miles! We barely gave it regular maintenance and the only things we replaced were the AC blower(about $900) and part of the exhaust ($500). Overall very suburb reliability! We even got about 25mpg on the highway on road trips at about 75-80mph. Would definitely buy one again if I knew gas prices would not go back up!

Solid Transportation
By Jamye on 10/11/08 08:04 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

We have enjoyed our Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. We bought it about 6 years ago with 98,000 miles and now have 170,000 miles with no major issue. It is starting to leak some oil, but hey it's almost 14 years old.

Great winter and long trip car
By Jeepers on 08/26/06 07:37 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

Loved my Jeep Grand Cherokee. Took comfortable long trips in it. Mileage really increased on the highway.

Only in a Jeep
By luke on 09/20/05 14:35 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

Bought mine private party back in 2002 with 99,600 miles on it. I just hit 136k. With the exception of things I consider basic maintenance (fluid changes, new tires, new shocks), I've had next to nothing go wrong with my Jeep. It's fun to drive in bad weather, and has yet to let me down. For a 10 year old Jeep, she does what is expected, gets me where I need to go no matter what the weather. As for fuel economy, it's an SUV that is 10+ years old, I accept that.

ALL AROUND GREAT
By blackmax on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

Despite Consumer Reports calling this AN unreliable car, this is the BEST vehicle I have ever owned, incl. Porsche, BMW,Mercedes. The only problems I had were a waterpump that blew after a dealer "powerflushed" the system (their fault), and a noisy differential AFTER the dealer replaced a $5 seal and screwed up the repair. Otherwise, this has been as reliable as a stone. W/ 127,000 miles, I've had NO other problems throughout the vehicle. Also, AVERAGES 20.4 MPG w/combined city an freeway driving!!!!! Original tires went 95,000 miles and I've never had an alignment!

falling apart at 100k
By gbw on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

leased for 2 years, then forced to buy when it died 1 day before lease ended. was fuel system cost 1k to fix. now at 100k have repaired in last year alone; a/c, 2 oil leaks, 3 pullies on engine, distributor, starter, still have mysterious screaching noise from engine that techs at dealer can't figure out, rear wiper assembly, motorized antenna, tough to keep alligned despite new tires, doors pop when closing. bumper cover