Used 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Orvis SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Feeling its Age
By Amanda

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Orvis 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Jeep Grand Cherokee about a year and a half ago and it has been nothing but problems. About every two to three months, something will go wrong with it. (Something different every time.) I almost have a new car by now.

Love this Jeep
By redvannie

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Orvis 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought this Jeep from my husband's employer after he had driven it for about 6 years. He loved it and only missed 1 day of work in all those years (because of ice) because of the weather and we live 45 minutes away. I've been driving it ever since and I love it. It's so fun. The paint looks like new still (when it's clean--we live on a gravel road). I know it's going to go on the snow, and stop too. It has 283000 miles on it and did have the transmission rebuilt at 225000. I like the computer. A drunk driver hit it yesterday so I'm not sure whether we'll fix it back up--it's not worth too much to anyone else at this point, especially the insurance company.

So fun to drive, computer, looks great after all these years, sits high, easy for my son to work on.

As most have said, wish it got better gas mileage. When it was younger got about 22, but now down to 15-18 mpg.