Used 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Bulletproof I6
By Jacob

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

This vehicle was given to me with 280k miles on the odometer. Even now, it is unstoppable. With only two wheel drive I've never gotten stuck, despite my best efforts. My Jeep has seen a lot of trails--and a lot of things that are not quite trails--and has pushed through all of them like a champ. The straight 6 gives not only impressive torque for a 4 liter, but an incredibly smooth drive, and has yet to fail to get me over any mound of dirt and rock I've thrown at it. I've owned it for six months and have had to replace both idler pulleys. When the second idler pulley quit, it chewed up the mounting bracket pretty good. Picked up a replacement bracket for ten bucks at a scrap yard, spent thirteen on a pulley at AutoZone, and did the repairs myself. Most expensive maintenance to date. There's a problem with the clutch (automatic), but manually starting in first circumvents such transmission problems. To hear it told, I wouldn't bother rebuilding the transmission- If it quits, you replace it. I'll happily drop the $1500 when that happens. When I fold down rear seats (quickly and easily), I can lay down and stretch out completely in the back. I never imagined I would be an SUV owner, but I _love_ this Jeep. For a point of reference, my dream car is a Chevy Spark. In that vein, gas mileage leaves a lot to be desired. Even still, I wouldn't trade it for a Prius (my BIG dream car). Okay, I'd trade it for a new-ish Prius C. Any takers?

Great vehicle!
By logic7

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had this vehicle for around a year now, it has 240k with nothing rebuilt.
It has the 5.2l V8.
(not sure why it's not listed in here)
Very fun vehicle and I love opening it up and listening to the engine (got a glasspack on it so it's a little louder).

Good for offroad although it could use a locker in the rear.

The 5.2 V8, 4wd. Solid axles. leather interior (although 17 years old now) .

Better axles, better 4wd system, as the transfer case is a little finicky.

Great... not so much
By t_zayas51

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car prior to winter two years ago. I live in Wisconsin and the winters here are just terrible. I bought it with about 160,000 miles on it. The 5.2 V8 was an absolute beast. Put a K&N Cold air unit on it, and Flowmaster 4 series exhaust and MAN did this jeep go! Started running into problems around 170,000 miles, Fuel pump ($400+ Just for parts), Crankshaft position sensor, Throttle sensor, security system. The problems ultimately led to the sale of this car. Sad day.

Absolutely nothing. and I mean NOTHING stopped this jeep. snow, ice, mud, rain, nothing. Extremely comfortable interior, solid build. I never felt safer than in this.

Gas Mileage. 17-19 MPG highway. Driving like an old man. I'm 20 years old, so I got around 14. woops.

Never seen anything like it!!!
By cherok1988_man

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

this was my first owned vehicle and i must say it has me bewildered! where can you not take this car and i bought it used and it runs like i just bought it brand new! now i am a proud jeep owner and i dont think i will ever change that!!!

I love my Jeep Grand Cherokee
By garafola

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Well I paid too much for it used , but it was worth it, there have been problems but its my toy. Its was getting better...

four wheel drive and the audio system

If you have tune it up with accel parts.. keep replacing worn parts even if they still work