1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Great vehicle!
By logic7 on 10/09/12 21:35 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had this vehicle for around a year now, it has 240k with nothing rebuilt. It has the 5.2l V8. (not sure why it's not listed in here) Very fun vehicle and I love opening it up and listening to the engine (got a glasspack on it so it's a little louder). Good for offroad although it could use a locker in the rear.

Great... not so much
By t_zayas51 on 03/26/12 20:59 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car prior to winter two years ago. I live in Wisconsin and the winters here are just terrible. I bought it with about 160,000 miles on it. The 5.2 V8 was an absolute beast. Put a K&N Cold air unit on it, and Flowmaster 4 series exhaust and MAN did this jeep go! Started running into problems around 170,000 miles, Fuel pump ($400+ Just for parts), Crankshaft position sensor, Throttle sensor, security system. The problems ultimately led to the sale of this car. Sad day.

Never seen anything like it!!!
By cherok1988_man on 01/28/12 11:29 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

this was my first owned vehicle and i must say it has me bewildered! where can you not take this car and i bought it used and it runs like i just bought it brand new! now i am a proud jeep owner and i dont think i will ever change that!!!

I love my Jeep Grand Cherokee
By garafola on 12/28/11 04:29 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Well I paid too much for it used , but it was worth it, there have been problems but its my toy. Its was getting better...

My Jeep Hates me
By enicole on 04/04/11 11:59 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

When I received this car as a gift, it had 140,000 miles on it. I immediately needed to replace the front and back brakes, which cost over 1,000.00. The transmission then went out around 155,000 miles, and the rebuild cost over 2,000.00. Barely over a year later the transmission went out again and had to be repaired, luckily it was still under warranty. I have spent more on this car than it is worth. It's sad because I LOVE the way this car drives, great acceleration with the V8, and it handles very well for a bulky SUV. Now the power steering needs to be replaced at 177,000 miles. We are good about regular service,but this car will nickle and dime you to death if it has high mileage

Pushing 230,000 Miles
By eprince on 02/03/11 15:37 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I bought this car from my grandmother with 160,000 miles. I've since done more than a few minor repairs (radiator, alternator, idler pulleys, etc.), but nothing I couldn't either do myself or a family friend couldn't do for cheap. The belt tensioner pulley is messed up, causing strain on the alternator, so I have had to replace it a few times, but it is under lifetime warranty with free replacements and I do the work myself. Now, it has 231,800 miles and counting, original block and transmission running stronger than ever. If you can live with doing relatively minor repairs, doing proper maintenance, and don't drive like a bat out of hell, this is one of the best vehicles made.

Cant go anyother way
By JeepBeast on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I Love my zj, got the 318 v8 in it and man that motor is solid and fast with the quadra trac transfer case. Gotten stuck once in it but easy to pull out. Has 175,263 miles on it and still running strong and tranny shifts smooth. Gas mileage is alright for a vehicle that is 15 years old. about 15 in city and 22 on highway give or take. Would drive it anywhere and Chrysler can build a great vehicle.

95 Grand Cherokee Laredo
By Kaydee on 07/11/10 05:47 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Best vehicle purchase I made 12 years ago since upgrading from a 1985 Olds Cutlass Supreme. The grand Cherokee Laredo gave me everything I can could possibly want in a vehicle and it's still going strong. Glad I purchased this vehicle!

Great Vehicle
By Diablo47 on 06/30/10 18:34 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

Bought Jeep 5 years ago with 161,154 miles. Now has 247,896. Still runs great and looks great. Very little maintenance. Second set of tires after 64,000 miles. I'll run it for another 100,000 probably

I have Loved my 95 ZJ since the test drv
By cgk13 on 06/30/10 11:38 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

I bought my 95 zj in 2007 and I have never regretted it. I have had to replace the starter, water pump and alternator as well as front brakes and regular tune ups but that is to be expected. The inline six is amazing!! She is about to hit 200k and is still going strong. I live in Iowa so when winter comes other drivers cringe but I say bring it on. No matter what nature or myself throw at my jeep she takes it without missing a beat and keeps going. Including a deer and my tire coming off on the highway. I have never owned a better vehicle. I want to drive my jeep until the wheels fall off and then I will put them back on and keep going! I love my Jeep!