Used 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Great vehicle!
By logic7

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had this vehicle for around a year now, it has 240k with nothing rebuilt. It has the 5.2l V8. (not sure why it's not listed in here) Very fun vehicle and I love opening it up and listening to the engine (got a glasspack on it so it's a little louder). Good for offroad although it could use a locker in the rear.

Favorite Features

The 5.2 V8, 4wd. Solid axles. leather interior (although 17 years old now) .

Suggested Improvements

Better axles, better 4wd system, as the transfer case is a little finicky.

Great... not so much
By t_zayas51

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car prior to winter two years ago. I live in Wisconsin and the winters here are just terrible. I bought it with about 160,000 miles on it. The 5.2 V8 was an absolute beast. Put a K&N Cold air unit on it, and Flowmaster 4 series exhaust and MAN did this jeep go! Started running into problems around 170,000 miles, Fuel pump ($400+ Just for parts), Crankshaft position sensor, Throttle sensor, security system. The problems ultimately led to the sale of this car. Sad day.

Favorite Features

Absolutely nothing. and I mean NOTHING stopped this jeep. snow, ice, mud, rain, nothing. Extremely comfortable interior, solid build. I never felt safer than in this.

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage. 17-19 MPG highway. Driving like an old man. I'm 20 years old, so I got around 14. woops.

My Jeep Hates me
By enicole

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

When I received this car as a gift, it had 140,000 miles on it. I immediately needed to replace the front and back brakes, which cost over 1,000.00. The transmission then went out around 155,000 miles, and the rebuild cost over 2,000.00. Barely over a year later the transmission went out again and had to be repaired, luckily it was still under warranty. I have spent more on this car than it is worth. It's sad because I LOVE the way this car drives, great acceleration with the V8, and it handles very well for a bulky SUV. Now the power steering needs to be replaced at 177,000 miles. We are good about regular service,but this car will nickle and dime you to death if it has high mileage

Never seen anything like it!!!
By cherok1988_man

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

this was my first owned vehicle and i must say it has me bewildered! where can you not take this car and i bought it used and it runs like i just bought it brand new! now i am a proud jeep owner and i dont think i will ever change that!!!

I love my Jeep Grand Cherokee
By garafola

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Well I paid too much for it used , but it was worth it, there have been problems but its my toy. Its was getting better...

Favorite Features

four wheel drive and the audio system

Suggested Improvements

If you have tune it up with accel parts.. keep replacing worn parts even if they still work