1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: It's a Jeep thing - you know!

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

It's a Jeep thing - you know!
By AJeepThing on

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I was lucky, my 94 JGC was not build on Monday! I got 245K+ miles on it with very little reliability issues. Water pump needed replacement after 160K miles ($450 repair) Transmission seal let-go after 210K miles ($475 repair for a $3.50 seal!). I just loved the interior pillow leather, great stereo system by Infinity and great air conditioning. I can drive for thousands of miles on trips and not get tired. Original engine with no oil leaks, strong compression check, plugs still runs clean after every 20K miles. Cat Converter + exhaust changed at 185K miles. I went synthetic in transmission, transfer case, differential, engine, steering pump. Parts inexpensive for 2 million JGC 93-98!

Favorite Features

Pillow leather interior, Infinity Gold stereo, power moonroof, Up-Country suspension with skid pads. Tow package. Forest Green paint with gold trim that still shines. Great go anywhere vehicle, skiing, camping, mud, trails, great city car, great air conditioner.

Suggested Improvements

Go synthetic oil in transmission and transfer case ATF-4, differential to synthetic purple, engine oil 5-30 & power steering pump increase reliability, and increase 2 mpg. Put Mopar 2 qt extra capacity AT pan with drain plug. Walker cat and aftermarket exhaust add 2 mpg. K&N AirFilter!