Used 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

can not be american
By bernie mejia

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

fuel pump-transmission-brakes are the worst in the market, I will not buy Jeep anymore, this is my 4 jeep in my life

Favorite Features

interior

Suggested Improvements

transmission and brakes

Its Been a Great Relationship
By jeep4everyone

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Now 230k miles. I have bounced my Jeep off granite boulders, driven many 24-hour family vacation marathons and used it as a 50 mile/day commute vehicle. Indestructible. Still on the original rotors, starter, alt., etc., more than I can say for any Volvo or GM product I've owned. Replacement items: tranny at 190k!; a/c comp. @ 130k; radiator (my fault) at 120k; water pump at 160k. That's it! In every case the equipment has exceeded my life expectations. Oil every 3k, tranny and diff. fluid change every 50k. If I could find another '94 with say 50k, I would buy it can keep it for my son. I recommend anyone who can get this model and year if you can.

Favorite Features

4WD in Maine winters; mechanical reliability is unmatched compared to 20 cars I and friends have owned; excellent (and still totally functional)Infinity Stereo.

great jeep
By alllen

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

great driving vehicle, goes through almost anything. great power & great handling.

great
By allenw

great jeep, went through 1 foot of snow with no problem. would but another

Love My Car
By Starvada

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my (first) Jeep about six months ago. I put on a new set of tires and replaced practically every belt on board - they were all dry rotted from sitting idle in the desert southwest. I agree that the breaks need some help, and the alarm is a nuisance. With present gas prices the 15-19 mpg range gets expensive quickly. I drove 3700 mi over 3 weeks this winter without so much as a hiccup, so I'm quite pleased.

Favorite Features

High Chassis is appealing - my 16-year old can run over things all she wants. Seats are quite comfortable for long distance driving. V8 is in great shape and doesn't balk at carrying a full load.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the spare was not in the cabin - I could use the space. I also wish that the gas tank was a little bigger. Around town I need to fill up after about 250 miles, usually twice a week.