1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Ride is excellent both on and off road
By tRIPLE ZrT on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought with 94k miles is now up to 135k only problem is the cv joint went out 300$ Ive never had a problem with strting the 5.2liter V8 unlike other laredo this is fully loaded with leather interior. I only wish I could have bought a jeep sooner

owned for 7 yrs
By bobster on 08/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I've always liked the look of the Gr Chero LTD. Very good turning radius. Just the right size for passengers and minor off road.

bob's title
By bobby23 on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

its a great ride!

The Best Jeep ever owned
By JohnKenny on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the best car ive ever owned. Ive driven across the country and didnt stop for 1 mechanical thing. I only filled up gas. It has 326,000 miles on it and it runs like a charm. The engine is in perfect condition. If you keep up with our check ups, the car will run great. Buy a Jeep and keep it for a while, it will last.

Still Running
By Jeepdriver on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Had mine since 1994 when i got it new. I now have 187,000 miles and still running. may have 1 problem once a year .. pump, electrical, ect ... nothing big considering it's been very good to me.

Better Than Most
By Maxine on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Mine had the 5.2 V-8 which is very nice with double platinum spark plus,Copper/Brass Cap/Rotor.I was getting 23mpg.

Heap of Jeep!
By DPB on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Our '96 Grand - ain't so! Differential (went out!), A/C (wen't out), computer under hood (fried!), transmission fluid (leaking as we speak), wheel shimmy (makes an exciting ride!) all THIS within a year and 1/2 of owning this Heap of Jeep! It's the proverbial MONEY PIT! Looks GREAT - but, I don't even trust it to run to the grocery store!! If it weren't for a husband that's mechanically inclined AND an extended warranty - it would be GONE... What's worse?? still paying on the loan! Run - Run as fast as you can - STEP AWAY FROM A JEEP!!!!!!

Money Pit
By Homer5 on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD-LOADED. STAY AWAY. Wife had vehicle since new; maintained to the hilt. Despite great care, list of repairs on this piece of junk too lengthy to list. Most notable lately: tracking bar and other suspension parts ($300), new air conditioning system ($1500), new fuel pump ($500), leaking transmission, faulty wiring, on and on. Last two years: cost over $3,000 (that's half of its current market value). I hate it. Will never buy a Chrysler product. My Toyota has same mileage (115K), and NEVER had a problem. Can't wait to sell this heap of junk and get a 4Runner.

Jeep-Head Jack
By Jeep-Head Jack on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my fourth Jeep. I bought after my 1992 Cherokee Laredo finally gave up the ghost after 396,724 miles. Yes, Virginia, Jeeps DO last more than 30,000 miles. My wife has a 2001 60th Anniversary Edition Cherokee and loves it. Solid, rugged, fun to drive, reliable and popular - that's what has turned me and many of my friends into "Jeep-Heads". My next Jeep will be a Wrangler of some sort.

Well Maintained
By porrsher on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased the vehicle from CarMax with 101k miles, it now has 125k and engine still running strong. (V8 5.2L). We did have to have a small oil leak in the transfer case, (QuadraTrack) but nothing major after that. Of course the A/C Evaporator went out like it does on all of the GC and the Catalitic converter. knock on wood thats all the problems that we have had. fuel economy could be better, after replacing the O2 sensor the MPG went up to about 21 from 17 hwy.