Used 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Strong and Durable
By brian sweeney

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

The 1994 Jeep has been an exceptional Car/SUV. It is the most reliable car I have ever owned. It has provided peace of mind and made transportation a pleasure because of its reliabilty. Through storms and bad weather Its strength has made for an easy ride. Truly, a classic.

Jeep is the Best
By Jeep is the Best

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

The Jeep Grand Cherokee is one of the best built vehicles that I have owned in the past 25 years. Purchased brand new. Vehicle has 170k miles and still purrs like a cat. Oil changes every 3k miles and trans & axles every 35k. A/C compressor replaced at 120k miles, water pump at 70k. My teenager is now using it, and loves it. My mechanic wanted to buy it for his teenager b/c he thought it was in great condition. Jeep did a great job when designing this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Great stereo, but had to replace b/c CD player won't play MP3.

1994 Grand Cheerokee
By cervij

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Has been a wonderful vehicle for 10 years. I have done all of the maintenance myself and the car has performed like a champ. In ten years I have replaced the brake pads twice (with rotors once), water pump, fuel pump(that was painful), muffler, and starter. The straight six cylinder has made working on this tune-ups and such a dream.

Favorite Features

Straight six cylinder

Suggested Improvements

Fuel pump location!!!

Love My Grand Cherokee
By Streaker

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought used from a dealer in 1995 and still smells new inside. Only repairs were front differential bearings, a cv boot, and transfer case seal. Also factory alarm system had mind of its own and I had dealer deactivate it. Very comfortable for long trips of 5000 miles or more but have also been off- road in the desert and over mountains. My Jeep has never let me down. I expect to drive it for many years.

Favorite Features

Handling, seats, plenty of power, short turn radius. I like the spare tire inside and prefer this over the newer models.

Suggested Improvements

Sun visor clips that dont break and additional secure interior storage. Small space under the back seat not nearly enough.

Bad Tranny
By jwilx

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Bad design for Quadratrac...Requires replace of transfer case after about 50000 miles. Best to replace with Select-Trac transfer case instead. Other than that....a good vehicle!

Favorite Features

Driveability

Suggested Improvements

None