1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
You Can Not Beat a Jeep
By Andrew on 10/30/06 16:54 PM (PST)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 1994 Jeep with 99,000 miles on it two years ago. The Jeep now has 160,000 miles and it just keeps going. It has had its share of problems along the way, but I am 18 and I like to take my grand on the trails, so most of my repairs are due to me beating on it (VC in transfer case, starter got water in it and broke, shocks had to be modified, rear end went out, ripped up gears in transmission). Most of these things happened on the trails but if it were a Blazer it would have been much much worse. You beat a Jeep and it will still run for you, now what car will do that?

Its GreaT
By OlderJeepsrock on 12/14/05 16:54 PM (PST)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

The Jeep I own is a strong lopng lasting SUV. It's 12 years old and it still has a strong pick up and can drive through any terrain.

Hasta (get me there and get me home)
By Harmony on 08/21/05 01:13 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

With 116,000 miles it's time to consider a new vehicle although it has more than served us well for 7 years. Just required regular maintenance and expected parts to need replacing after 100,000 miles. Hate to part with this friend.

LOVE my Jeep except for ONE thing ...
By HWright83 on 08/07/05 18:17 PM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I got this Jeep back in April and I have absolutely fallen in love with it. Except ... the transmission went out and it's costing me $2100 to fix. Yikes! The Jeep has 129k on it, but everything else works just fine. Love my Jeep! Will definably buy a newer one for my next car. :)

Best vehicle I've ever owned!
By WAnzik on 04/08/05 00:43 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my Jeep - it's the best vehicle I've ever owned. I am the third owner, bought it at 70,000 miles and have driven it over 45,000 miles without any major problems at all. I couldn't be more pleased. I was nervous reading some reviews that made them look like they just dropped dead at 100,000 miles. Well mine still runs smooth and strong. No engine, tranny or transfer case replacements ever needed. Could be because I and the previous owner ran full synthetics in it since around 50,000 miles.

Strong and Durable
By brian sweeney on 01/18/05 15:21 PM (PST)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

The 1994 Jeep has been an exceptional Car/SUV. It is the most reliable car I have ever owned. It has provided peace of mind and made transportation a pleasure because of its reliabilty. Through storms and bad weather Its strength has made for an easy ride. Truly, a classic.

Jeep is the Best
By Jeep is the Best on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

The Jeep Grand Cherokee is one of the best built vehicles that I have owned in the past 25 years. Purchased brand new. Vehicle has 170k miles and still purrs like a cat. Oil changes every 3k miles and trans & axles every 35k. A/C compressor replaced at 120k miles, water pump at 70k. My teenager is now using it, and loves it. My mechanic wanted to buy it for his teenager b/c he thought it was in great condition. Jeep did a great job when designing this vehicle.

1994 Grand Cheerokee
By cervij on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Has been a wonderful vehicle for 10 years. I have done all of the maintenance myself and the car has performed like a champ. In ten years I have replaced the brake pads twice (with rotors once), water pump, fuel pump(that was painful), muffler, and starter. The straight six cylinder has made working on this tune-ups and such a dream.

Love My Grand Cherokee
By Streaker on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought used from a dealer in 1995 and still smells new inside. Only repairs were front differential bearings, a cv boot, and transfer case seal. Also factory alarm system had mind of its own and I had dealer deactivate it. Very comfortable for long trips of 5000 miles or more but have also been off- road in the desert and over mountains. My Jeep has never let me down. I expect to drive it for many years.

Bad Tranny
By jwilx on 07/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Bad design for Quadratrac...Requires replace of transfer case after about 50000 miles. Best to replace with Select-Trac transfer case instead. Other than that....a good vehicle!