1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Love My Jeep! (:
By carguru12 on 02/20/13 13:30 PM (PST)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

I purchased my 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee last year and LOVE it. This is my first car and I got it for a good price. My Jeep has the V8, which is very powerful, and returns good fuel economy for its engine and the type of vehicle it is. My Jeep is loaded and has leather, power everything, keyless entry, the information screen at the bottom of the center stack, 4WD, and I put in a Sony stereo with Pioneer speakers. The Jeep starts up every time like it should and is a very reliable vehicle. I'll always be a Jeep person! (:

Great Jeep
By compgeek789 on 07/17/11 11:13 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

My Jeep has a substantial amount of power, and it has more acceleration than my other previous vehicles. Its compact design makes it easy to fit into parking spots, and has excellent handling on bad roads due to its all-time 4X4. It also offers a smooth ride, and good gas mileage.

Great Jeep
By Fever on 02/02/09 15:43 PM (PST)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

A great vehicle. My father bought this Jeep new in late 1993 and sold it to me in 1997. The 4 litre straight six has been a rock. It has the usual "piston slap", but all that I've done in 14 years is a new water pump and fuel pump. I stay ahead on things like the fuel filter and other tune up items. The Jeep has rewarded me handsomely for it. I towed an overloaded 2 axle u-haul trailer across the country and threw a wheel bearing that led to a shredded axle, but that was my own fault. The Jeep still got 13 mpg that trip. I have loaded it with 1000 lbs + too many times to count. It towed my boat like a champ too. I have really abused it over the years but it still cleans up nice

Jeeps Junk
By SgtBulldog on 12/01/07 04:09 AM (PST)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

I purchased this Jeep in California with 50,000 miles on it. Within the first six months it needed a new water pump, new exhaust manifold, new tires, etc, etc. Since buying this in 1999 I have had the transmission replaced 3 times! I am not a off roader or speed demon. I am a run of the mill guy who believes that purchasing this vehicle is a complete waste of money. WHEN ITS RUNNING, IT HAS A SMOOTH QUIET RIDE that anyone will enjoy. The two wheel drive model is useless in any type of snow or ice.

can not be american
By bernie mejia on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

fuel pump-transmission-brakes are the worst in the market, I will not buy Jeep anymore, this is my 4 jeep in my life

Great vehicle with some exceptions...
By jmh on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

I am the orginal owner of my Jeep and after 150,000 miles it still looks and runs wonderful. The interior has generally held up but it rattles more than I'd like it to, but this vehicle is 10 years old so its expected. I've replaced the water pump, radiator and catalytic converter and had the trasnmission rebuilt at about 100k. These problems are typical over the years, however, the brakes have always been a nightmare. Other than that, I love this vehicle and plan to keep it for many years to come.

Love the vehicle, but needs improvements
By tseal on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

Great vehicle for the first 7 years but in the last two years I have replaced the catalytic converter, water pump, a/c evap.coil and have had the transmission rebuilt. About $2700 in repairs. All that expense would be more acceptible if it had 150,000 miles on it, but it has only been driven about half of that mileage.

Enjoyable Ride
By bduckett on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

We purchased our 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee new in '94. We took a drive the first month from North Carolina to Colorado... put 7,000+ miles on it right from the start. We just turned over 170,000 miles and are getting ready to purchase a new 2003 Grand Cherokee... This has been a wonderful vehicle for my wife, she loves the ride and the comfort. She is looking forward to a new Jeep, and hates to see this one go...

Jeep Gr Cherokee - Great!
By CBK on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

My Jeep has exceeded any and all of my expectations. It's a great vehicle. With 150,000 miles and still going strong I can't say enough good things.

Holy Trans and Fuel Pumps
By Zerblas Family on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

well I love my jeep but talk about problems. I hd to wait 1 week for Jeep to replace my fuel pump because they were in such big demad... NOT GOOD and for the trans it SUCKS problems after problems. I am ready to look for something more reliable. Please do research before you purchase...