Used 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Love My Jeep! (:
By carguru12

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

I purchased my 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee last year and LOVE it. This is my first car and I got it for a good price. My Jeep has the V8, which is very powerful, and returns good fuel economy for its engine and the type of vehicle it is. My Jeep is loaded and has leather, power everything, keyless entry, the information screen at the bottom of the center stack, 4WD, and I put in a Sony stereo with Pioneer speakers. The Jeep starts up every time like it should and is a very reliable vehicle. I'll always be a Jeep person! (:

Leather, Power Features, V8 Engine, Transmission Shifts Smoothly, Comfortable, Easy-to-Drive, Fun-to-Drive

Could be a bit quieter on the inside. When backing up, sometimes there is a creaking noise coming from the rear. And of course the fuel economy could be a bit better.

Great Jeep
By compgeek789

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

My Jeep has a substantial amount of power, and it has more acceleration than my other previous vehicles. Its compact design makes it easy to fit into parking spots, and has excellent handling on bad roads due to its all-time 4X4. It also offers a smooth ride, and good gas mileage.

Nice Size, Lots of Acceleration, Good amount of power, great handling, smooth ride, good gas mileage

Headlights fog up

Bad jeep
By t

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought on 06 one problem after another not sure why. Replaced the whole car etc brakes brake line wheel bearing alternator 3 times ecu water pump transfer case three time new viscous coupler radio speakers tires ac compressor drive shaft cv boot three times 2 tune ups trunk lift gas is anywhere from 9 mpg to 13 mpg this Jeep only has 100,000 miles on it I don't off road or drive like a crazy person just to the store and school and the problems never end I have been fixing things every month for a year now and I do it myself so I saved a lot if money it would have cost me 10,000 to do at the dealership if I would have knowing this was going to happen I would have never bought it. Do not buy

it is fun but nothing but problems

put the distributor cap in the front of the car vs the back and make the car last longer then 100,000

Great Vehicle
By LauraB

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Just traded this Jeep in with 247,000 miles on it. It was a great vehicle to own and went it everywhere, off-road and on the interstate. Great in snow. I had the 4.0 L motor which I liked except the gas mileage wasn't anything to brag about. I liked this one so much I got a newer Grand Cherokee to replace it. I think I'm hooked on Jeeps.

Comfortable interior, built rugged, lots of space.

Better mpg. Had problems with not being able to open the rear hatch sometimes.

Far better than its general reputation
By Todd

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought from original owner with 130k, put 58 k on it in 3 years. Does everything you could ask of an SUV. No electrical problems, had to replace original water pump and radiator at 160k. Now have to fix rear hatch and 1 window motor. Great for 3 years ownership of a 17 year old Chrysler. If you need an inexpensive SUV buy one. Its an early SUV so you get what it is not some fluffed up car based nonsense that can't tow or go off road. Does all we want and more. Original paint still 90%+ only a few scratches, quality is great. Best Chrysler product made.

Flexibility, no job it can't do. 17 years old, still looks classy after a wash and wax. Solid road ride, good room front and rear.

AC somewhat weak, NVH improved in later models, (its still an suv so its not a Merc S class). Less hard plastic part on interior. Get rid of plastic topped radiator, when it leaks you have to replace the whole thing, you can't weld it.